How to prepare raccoon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Decided to baste in barbecue in the oven. Turned out really good. We boiled him for a while in salt and baking soda then shoved him in the oven. Wasnt extremely tender but it was definitly edible. I gotta go trap another one now.

doeslammer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Pride aka Central, LA
    i've eated coon twice-- once on the bbq pit and once fried. it is very good if it is done properly. make sure to get all of the fat/glands off the meat. once you are ready to start cooking, boil the meat in crab boil. boil it until it is tender, then from there go straight to the pit or batter it like you're going to fry it in grease. throw a few sweet potatoes in the oven and make a good corn bread, and that kind of meal is hard to beat!

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    i've eated coon twice-- once on the bbq pit and once fried. it is very good if it is done properly. make sure to get all of the fat/glands off the meat. once you are ready to start cooking, boil the meat in crab boil. boil it until it is tender, then from there go straight to the pit or batter it like you're going to fry it in grease. throw a few sweet potatoes in the oven and make a good corn bread, and that kind of meal is hard to beat!

That sounds really good. Going back up next weekend. Will try it. Thanks.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Funny this came up. I was thinking about trying to get a couple of the coons off my stand. I have killed several and always gave them to a friend. He always jumped on them when I killed one. He raved about how good they were on the bar-b-que pit. I did not know about the glands under the arms and legs. I alway trim everthing away that is not meat, but I will be on the lookout for the glands if I get one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom