How your tupperware pistol works

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    howaglockworks.gif

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    huh.... my Glock seems to fire everytime reliably... I have no idea what the OP is trying to insinuate, just b/c he probably has a love affair with an archaic overly heavy design (i.e. 1911) and is just trying to hide his deficiencies by attacking "the other side".... typical liberal tactic, guess you are one of them too huh?

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Oh lord......what a pointless thread and waste of space.

I have 6 Glocks and none have ever had a single problem and one I have well over 10k rounds through it.

I dont get in all the Glock vs whatever debate.....I like guns period and have XDs, Glocks, 1911s and a bunch of other stuff.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    huh.... my Glock seems to fire everytime reliably... I have no idea what the OP is trying to insinuate, just b/c he probably has a love affair with an archaic overly heavy design (i.e. 1911) and is just trying to hide his deficiencies by attacking "the other side".... typical liberal tactic, guess you are one of them too huh?

1911 and the Glock are both good.

Shuddup.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    huh.... my Glock seems to fire everytime reliably...
    Until it goes "KABOOM"
    I have no idea what the OP is trying to insinuate, just b/c he probably has a love affair with an archaic overly heavy design (i.e. 1911) and is just trying to hide his deficiencies by attacking "the other side".... typical liberal tactic, guess you are one of them too huh?

Although I do like 1911's my favorite is my XD40. So you see I do like the plastic guns.....and I am not a liberal.:squint:

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    How many rounds in each? What does the XD weigh with 8 rounds?

Doesn't matter. Nobody carries a gun with a half loaded magazine.

Just for information sake, 7+1 in the CBOB and 12+1 in the XD.

I would also like to add that while it is only a few ounces difference I tend to carry a spare when carrying the 1911. The single stack mag is much easier to conceal in an OWB mag pouch and it doesn't hang up on stuff. It is also much lighter overall.

When I was carrying the .40 I rarely carried a reload so my round count was nearly the same.

The CBOB .45 is 31 oz unloaded and the XD40 is 29 oz unloaded (I weighed them on a digital scale). Not even accounting for brass, powder and primer, thirteen 200 gr .40 rounds weighs more than eight 200 gr .45's. Plus the double stack mags are heavier. The CBOB ends up being an ounce or so lighter.

I don't remember the exact numbers but the XD was around 38 or 39 ounces loaded and the CBOB was 37 or so.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom