Hunting with Suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    I can see why you would want to limit the silencers out there, but can anyone tell me what the big deal is about hunting with a "silenced" weapon? I mean, you wear camo to not be seen, cover scent to not be smelled, and take extreme cautions to not be heard, and then all of a sudden BOOM, someone else shoots and ruins your hunt for the evening. Logically, and feel free to correct me here, wouldn[t a suppressed weapon make less noise and, therefore, be more friendly to those who hunt on a hunting lease, or adjacent to a busy hunting lease?

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Another example of banning an activity because it could possibly compound the effect of another already banned activity?

i.e. drugs =illegal, guns + drugs = illegal illegal

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    UPDATE!

I spoke to the enforcement division in Jackson today and they said suppressors are good to go.:D You must have a copy of your stamp with you, which you have to anyway, and shoot away any game, any caliber. This season will be full of new experiences.;)

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    UPDATE!

I spoke to the enforcement division in Jackson today and they said suppressors are good to go.:D You must have a copy of your stamp with you, which you have to anyway, and shoot away any game, any caliber. This season will be full of new experiences.;)

Jackson, MS?
    You need to clarify. If someone assumes you spoke with someone in Jackson, LA and it is OK to hunt with a suppressor then you are giving bad information.

Brians_45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Maurepas, LA
    UPDATE!

Huh. I guess I need to find a suppressor for the 6.8 :cool:

Top Bottom