Hurricane Isaac

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Lot of rain in Chalmette now?
    I have a 55 gallon rain barrel under one downspout that covers about 1/5th of my roof. I drained it at about 4 today and it was full again by 4:30. I attached a hose it it and ran it out into the street to keep my back yard from having standing water. Anyways it's raining a lot harder now than it was then, and before roughly 300 sq feet produced 110 gallons an hour.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Ya'll were having withdrawals...... I am going nuts in Afghan because I have nothing to keep me busy during the day. While ya'll were sleeping and BS was down I was at work with nothing to do. Thank you so much Spanky for getting it back up!!! lol

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have a 55 gallon rain barrel under one downspout that covers about 1/5th of my roof. I drained it at about 4 today and it was full again by 4:30. I attached a hose it it and ran it out into the street to keep my back yard from having standing water. Anyways it's raining a lot harder now than it was then, and before roughly 300 sq feet produced 110 gallons an hour.

Math time. 1 gallon = 231 cubic inches. Times 100 per hour = 23100. 300 sq ft. = 43200 sq. inches. 23100/43200 = .534 per hour at 4:30. Its kept that pace or better since about 2, so figure better than 6 inches since noon today.

To put it into perspective, with the barrel open and water coming out at roughly the same speed it does from a hose connected to your house, the barrel is still overflowing and flooding a low spot in my yard.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I just went and checked out side, very little drizzle, wind actually looks like it slacked up since this afternoon.

Sounds like the neighbors generator is about to blow up, something ain't right with it.

So basically pretty boring. It has to suck for the people across the street, the street lights are on and they don't have power.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Wind is and has been blowing hard here for a while. Making all kinds of noise. Already found a leak

My dog is also looking at me like an idiot. I had to go out with him. I'm sure if any neighbors saw me they were looking at me like an idiot too

You guys should watch Fox8 of New Orleans if you can. 10 times better than TWC

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom