Hydrodipping?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Anyone around the nola area do hydrodipping? I have a stock on order that I would like to have done.

I saw a bullpup just like it posted earlier which inspired me. Im sure it will be another month and a half before I get it but wanted to start searching now.

Its for a red jacket zk-22.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Stay far away from Chameleon Camo in Laffeyette. I know you probably wouldn't be looking to do business with a business that far from you anyway, but I am just giving you a heads up just in case.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Stay far away from Chameleon Camo in Laffeyette. I know you probably wouldn't be looking to do business with a business that far from you anyway, but I am just giving you a heads up just in case.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

Any particular reason why? I was thinking about dipping a few things and I thought about using them. Any suggestions on who else to use in the Lafayette area?

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    ive got a friend that got a couple guns done. glock 22 and a taurus revolver. they were dipped and then cleared. its to thick on the revolver when you swing the cylinder out it not rubs on the frame so the cylinder wont spin freely. the g22 you can already see it chipping along the edge of the slide where it meets the frame. doesn't seem like the best option for pistol application. now another guy i know got his single shot .444 done and it came out pretty nice. just don't know how long it will hold up.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    As long as you don't handle the gun with DEET on your hands, it should be fine on a stock. I wouldn't do it to moving parts like slides and cylinders, though.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Any particular reason why? I was thinking about dipping a few things and I thought about using them. Any suggestions on who else to use in the Lafayette area?

I had an AK dipped by them, and a buddy had a Mac-10 dipped there as well. Mine took all of 4-1/2 months to get back, then to get it back in VERY POOR condition...so, in short, I call that BAD BUSINESS all around. My friends Mac-10 was no different, just not nearly as long or as bad of a job, but was still a poor job.

Have a look for yourself.

3y9e6ehy.jpg

ehu4y6ah.jpg

ugehunyj.jpg

Very poor preppping.
    Very poor base coat, with overspray inside of the receiver.
    Blasting sand inside of the underfolder mechanism, blasting sand coating the inside both of the mags I sent with it.
    Poor dipping as it did not stick in some places.
    He dipped the WHOLE rifle, when he was given instructions to only dip the receiver, dust cover, grip, and stock.

He did, Roy (the owner), beg me to let him fix it, but I was happy just to get my rifle back finally and I told him I didn't feel right putting my firearm back into his hands.... I mean, if you have my gun for nearly 5 months, after multiple attempts to meet to pick it up, then you finally give it back in this condition, what the hell makes you think I am going to be willing to put it right back into your hands???? No sir, you have had your chance to do me right, I will now only warn others of your service and work.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    It was a learning experience for me. I look back now and kick my own ass for even thinking about changing the original look on a firearm that already looks good. Not to mention, that dip pattern actually looks like **** in my opinion, bad taste on my part.

Top Bottom