Hydrographics Unlimited: Terrible UPDATED:post #9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, if dude wanted to voice his side, I'm all ears. But knowing that he is actively reading Bayoushooter enough to have seen your post before you told him shows he's aware of it, and deliberately hasn't given his side of the story. It's rather incriminating in appearance.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's a member - he could just have a Google Alert set for the 'company' name and it popped up.

Nevermind, he would have to be a member, or at least a member showed him, as Off Topic is not Google-aggregated, and requires a login to view.

So yea, he's rather actively avoided it. Shame.

Dip looks like ****.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    what a douche, damn that sucks, he won't last long. Did the Yamaha shop say anything about the service? How do they feel advertising someone's service like that is a plus to there shop?
    His mother is the vice president of the shop.
    they already had there yamaha franchise yanked from them, now they are just a parts store. someof his stuff is on display up front to the right.
    I dropped the gun off there and he picked it up. I also picked it up and paid there. If and when I dispute the credit charge it will come out of them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I love these dissatisfied customer threads! Particularly when the vendor lashes out at the cusomter. :D

This guy wouldn't last a week in my industry with an attitude like that. Priceless; and funny!

Oh! But, sorry you got secrewed; Dishonored! I don't like that part.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    That's a horrible excuse of a paint job, says a lot about his poor excuse of character too since he won't come forward and explain himself.

He must have just lost over 100 potential customers with this thread.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    File this report with the Better Business Bureau and place a review on any of the internet review websites that pop up when you google his company name or the type of service he provides. The folks on Louisiana Sportsman need to see this as well. Be diligent and patient...you and karma will have the last word.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    File this report with the Better Business Bureau and place a review on any of the internet review websites that pop up when you google his company name or the type of service he provides. The folks on Louisiana Sportsman need to see this as well. Be diligent and patient...you and karma will have the last word.

Yep!

He's gonna need this:

And don't forget to call Angie's List too! Those hens over there don't like it when you mess up a girl's gun. :p

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I love these dissatisfied customer threads! Particularly when the vendor lashes out at the cusomter. :D

This guy wouldn't last a week in my industry with an attitude like that. Priceless; and funny!

Oh! But, sorry you got secrewed; Dishonored! I don't like that part.

I know! If we treated our customers here like that we would have closed our doors a long time ago! One wrong phrase and we would lose our mantience contract with Praxair.

That's a horrible excuse of a paint job, says a lot about his poor excuse of character too since he won't come forward and explain himself.

He must have just lost over 100 potential customers with this thread.

Thats great! The intent here was to share my experience and let others decide for themselves. Now obviously with his response, the decision is clear.

No, I do not. Sounds like a real sweet guy though.

yea, just wanted to check, your local like I am for the most part.

I hope so. The money is a loss sure but it ruined my girls birthday being late and the "slam up" job he did sure didnt make up for it. I was going to post up something on sportsmant but I heard he was a sponsor or something there and didn't wanna risk being barred from the site.
    I wonder if I could just post a link on there to this thread?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I have a **** load of junk that could be hydro-dipped, maybe I should just drop off some items and be a lousy customer and never pick them up or pay when finished? Does he make you leave a deposit?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have a **** load of junk that could be hydro-dipped, maybe I should just drop off some items and be a lousy customer and never pick them up or pay when finished? Does he make you leave a deposit?

Silverware sets, mud boots, old car bumpers, use your imagination.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I was going to post up something on sportsmant but I heard he was a sponsor or something there and didn't wanna risk being barred from the site.
    I wonder if I could just post a link on there to this thread?

All the more reason to let Louisiana Sportsman know who they are endorsing, I can't imagine them banning you for exposing the truth.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    That a$$ probably did it in his sh!tty bathtub. Did he clearcoat it? I don't know if a clear coat is absolutely necessary but I do know it protects the finish. I was looking into a company to dip my rifle and add a matte clear.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That a$$ probably did it in his sh!tty bathtub. Did he clearcoat it? I don't know if a clear coat is absolutely necessary but I do know it protects the finish. I was looking into a company to dip my rifle and add a matte clear.
    The clear coat is /absolutely/ necessary, otherwise you have /no/ physical protection from abrasion or peeling/scratching of the pattern. The clear coat also helps block parts of sunlight that contribute to fading, apparently, as well - like a sunscreen.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Jack, you always make me laugh.

Not that it makes a difference now, but did you pay for the work up front? If so, why? This is why you never ever ever ever ever pay up front. At least you have something to bargain with if the work turns out shitty, as this obviously did. (This is especially true with paint & body men and hookers.)

Not to rub salt in a wound and I know you don't want to hear I told you so, but let this be a $125 lesson. (Pretty cheap actually, as far as life lessons go.)

And let this also be a lesson to Shawn the Shittydipper... Don't **** people off with shitty work, it will come back to haunt you. It's much easier to do the right thing the first time arouind. Plus your text response makes you look like a total dirtbag.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Jack, you always make me laugh.

Not that it makes a difference now, but did you pay for the work up front? If so, why? This is why you never ever ever ever ever pay up front. At least you have something to bargain with if the work turns out shitty, as this obviously did.

Not to rub salt in a wound and I know you don't want to hear I told you so, but let this be a $125 lesson. (Pretty cheap actually, as far as life lessons go.)

It''s worse than that! He said in the OP he "paid his ticket" after he got the gun back!

But, those customers that aren't vocal at the time of their discontent are the ones you need to watch in the aftermath. Hence, this thread! ;)

Top Bottom