I am about done with Baton Rouge.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    ..........as every election cycle has a new group of people looking for a new tax. Except this time, they actually got one thru - CATS tax. Thanks to mine and everyone else's dime, the powers that be at CATS get to enjoy a more than doubling of their budget.

First is was Holden's BS amusement park multiple times and now this......

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    everyone is done with baton rouge. They keep trying to polish a turd, instead of fixing the actual problems. I just glad i live out of the city limits and the tax b.s. doesnt go to me.

espresso

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Dutchtown La.
    BR is a "wanna be" city.
    Always has been and always will be.
    It just can't seem to grow up and do $hit right.
    Katrina has sealed it's fate.....if there every was a chance of doing things right it's gone now.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Glad I live here. It's only going to get worse.

8770806.gif

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    everyone is done with baton rouge. They keep trying to polish a turd, instead of fixing the actual problems. I just glad i live out of the city limits and the tax b.s. doesnt go to me.

One thing I did learn about all of this is this city is really chopped up when it comes to city limits so a lot of people didn't get to vote on this.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I just glad i live out of the city limits and the tax b.s. doesnt go to me.

So you never shop in Baton Rouge? Increased property costs will lead to increased costs to businesses which in turn leads to higher prices those businesses must charge to maintain profitability. It won't happen overnight, but it will affect you if you live in the area. I don't think I can stick around this s***hole much longer.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Antecedent, Charles. :nono: Ascension Parish is going to get worse because you live there?:)

Sorry, I've had to play Grammar Nazi at work all morning; and I just couldn't turn it off.

Ok then. It is getting worse. Even worse than living in the same parish as myself. I will not try to pick your pockets or take your money. We can have a beer. On me. :p

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    well there isnt anything i can do about it, so im just glad its not coming on our tax bill every year. I didnt even get the chance to say NO in the matter. Its the little things in life that keep me from loosing my mind.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just for my own curiosity, what is CATS? I'm assuming by the capitalization it is an acronym, rather than the animal.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Quote fro 1 Year Ago

The more things change the more they stay the same....

"
    Well if you remember like I do........ not so many years ago Buckskin Bill said Baton Rouge needs a Zoo!

Sad to say today Baton Rouge IS A ZOO! (In my opinion!)

Or Baton Roach as many folks now refer to it in my neck of the woods!!

Last edited by Skiney; March 29th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

JUST SAYING:}

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ^^ :rofl:

We're looking at getting out of BR soon after our kid is born. We've been mostly concerned with costs of private school, but this city just seems to keep giving us more incentives to GTFO. :/

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    To be fair, I work at BR General Hospital and several of the employees there depend on the bus service to get to and from work every day. Mostly I see EVS/janitorial staff using the busses but I even have a coworker in the security department who rides the bus home every morning from Midcity to the Gardere area. Some people have credit problems or low income issues which prevent them from buying and maintaining a vehicle (gas, repairs, insurance, etc). Trust me, my coworker does not enjoy waiting for the bus and would have a car if he could get one.
    The bus system in BR is broken. It needs to be fixed. Do I think the tax was the right answer? I'm not sure. I do know that there are many people who work alongside me, and work hard, who use the busses on a regular basis. They are glad to have the service even as bad as it is and they are hoping it will now get better.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    To be fair, I work at BR General Hospital and several of the employees there depend on the bus service to get to and from work every day. Mostly I see EVS/janitorial staff using the busses but I even have a coworker in the security department who rides the bus home every morning from Midcity to the Gardere area. Some people have credit problems or low income issues which prevent them from buying and maintaining a vehicle (gas, repairs, insurance, etc). Trust me, my coworker does not enjoy waiting for the bus and would have a car if he could get one.
    The bus system in BR is broken. It needs to be fixed. Do I think the tax was the right answer? I'm not sure. I do know that there are many people who work alongside me, and work hard, who use the busses on a regular basis. They are glad to have the service even as bad as it is and they are hoping it will now get better.

I wouldn't have a problem wih mass transit, but this operation is mismanaged (like everything else that involves someone else's money), and there was nothing really expounded on about that "really major" small detail. I don't think they will even change the mangerial staff, and that my friends; is where the discontent and that hatred comes from in me giving any more money to ANY of them.

The video that Russo posted, is the most enlightening video I have ever seen about where we are heading. There is no way we get out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRNgIvj-wSY <THanks! Russo.

And it's al relative to CATS, and ZOO's, and bloated state retirement pensions, and government, and worthless bastards stealing welfare, medic-aid, disability, and on, and on.

I am going to post this video in EVERY thread about government waste, or worthless welfare recipients, and taxes, I read from here on until every body has seen it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    One city at a time, this board calls this state a piece of crap, but by god, don't you dare call a spade a spade around here if you're not planning to go down with their ship, too!

*popcorn and laughter icon*

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I gotta agree with Emperor. You can't just throw money at a problem, especially if there is no taxpayer oversight. Their mismanagement of the system is why it doesn't work in the first place.

Once money starts rolling in, they'll implement a few things, point, and say, "Look, it worked; we're justified in taking your money." The reality is, though, that after that initial spike in "improvement" the money's going to be squandered and wasted instead of being spent to fix the problem.

When you run a business with the expectation that you'll be bailed out after failed attempts to be profitable, there's little incentive to cut the fat and figure out *why* it's failing in the first place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom