i don't get the point of this...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    Say I'm posting an ad....

Why would I give my phone number out as (555)five five seven-29 three 8, or some similar mix of alphanumeric in my email address?

Can a bot skim that out of ads?
    Or, are you just trying to prevent a google search on your number linking all your activity together?

It's a real pita on the receiving side.

Thanks,
    Mike

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Damn bots

Hey, we should start a bot welcome thread. Post up some 1-900 sex chat numbers, ex girlfriends... It could be epic.

Just what to use for bait...

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have had my # publicly displayed on the 'net for over half a decade. Never had an issue. People still ask me for it. Noone even bothers to read what's in front of their face. I get Facebook messages all the time "I lost my phone, what's your # again?" Well it's on my damn home-page.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    you must be lucky then because i occasionally get random calls from obscure numbers with all kinds of ridiculous ads and other ******** or texts advertising some crap. i just ignore the calls now but fact is that it does happen which is why i started putting my phone number like that when i post things now

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    you must be lucky then because i occasionally get random calls from obscure numbers with all kinds of ridiculous ads and other ******** or texts advertising some crap. i just ignore the calls now but fact is that it does happen which is why i started putting my phone number like that when i post things now
    Me too! I've started trying to sell them stuff for kicks. Try holding them on the phone and messing with them... Has turned into one of my favorite pass times.

Top Bottom