I feel safer. TSA strikes again.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Really???

I understand that a guy with a bomb isn't going to wear a sign saying so, but people need to use their brain.

I would think that someone whom is compliant during a check wouldn't be a threat. Some of you guys are cops, I would like to know how many people that ran weren't guilty of something.

dsb45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Monroe, La.
    I would just like to know how the TSA, who ARE NOT sworn LEO's of any stripe, have the power to stop & search me without any probable cause at all. Let alone a search warrant. Isn't this a gross violation of my 4th ammendment rights & a civil rights violation under "color of law", or am I just being stupid again?

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Hell, from the first dozen or so comments, looks like half the nation has already been brainwashed to believe this is acceptable...
    It's not acceptable. Go on and be herded like animals if you want. I ain't been on a plane in 6 years. And it's cheaper to drive anywhere I've been so far.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Haas anyone, any decent lawyer, figured out a way to jsut get around these morons? You have to violate an inalienable right in order to travel, how is that legit? My own company can;t do that to me to work for them, so technically wouldn;t people who are required to fly for work then be forced to violate their own civil rights for a job????

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Profiling - The Israelis do it and it works.

What the TSA does would be considered the opposite of profiling. They seem to search those who would present the least likely chance of being a terrorist.

For example, a few years ago when I would fly on military orders, I would get selected for additional screening almost everytime I flew. I started to keep track of how many times it happened in a row and it got up to 5 in a row once. In 5 consecutive trips through security on Military orders, I was selected for additional screening??? Explain that one to me, because I do not understand it.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    What the TSA does would be considered the opposite of profiling. They seem to search those who would present the least likely chance of being a terrorist.

For example, a few years ago when I would fly on military orders, I would get selected for additional screening almost everytime I flew. I started to keep track of how many times it happened in a row and it got up to 5 in a row once. In 5 consecutive trips through security on Military orders, I was selected for additional screening??? Explain that one to me, because I do not understand it.

It's political correctness run amuck. Instead of doing what would actually work, profiling, they want to detain everyone to make it appear that they aren't looking at any group specifically.

Here's a fact that's 100% indisputable: Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all the terrorists have been Muslim.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    The solution to this problem is very simple guys: don't fly commercial when you don't absolutely have to. International and business travel you're kind of screwed, but if all the people "just taking the kids down to see grandma" seriously Stopped flying commercial, the airlines would take notice and kick the TSA out.
    The one time I had to fly since '08, I hooked up with a buddy's dad who flies GA and hitched a ride.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    The solution to this problem is very simple guys: don't fly commercial when you don't absolutely have to. International and business travel you're kind of screwed, but if all the people "just taking the kids down to see grandma" seriously Stopped flying commercial, the airlines would take notice and kick the TSA out.
    The one time I had to fly since '08, I hooked up with a buddy's dad who flies GA and hitched a ride.

Sound feasible to me. :eek3:

Top Bottom