I got my custom AK 'wood camo' mag in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    Okay, I made it actually... A Bulgarian 30 round, clear/smoke, 7.62x39 mag. I wanted to have a magazine that matched the wood on my Yugo M70. I also wanted to see what rounds I have left in it, by viewing only the back of the mag. The sides and front are painted, the back side is left alone, except for a gloss coat to see through the mag better and a red painted highlight around the "full" hole. The initial coat was a white primer, to help see the rounds left in the mag. Polished off with a satin outdoor enamel. (The wood isn't that orange. My apologies for the horrible pics)

Does anyone know where to buy 10 of these for cheap?

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_1.jpg

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_2.jpg

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_2a.jpg

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_3_empty.jpg

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_3a_empty.jpg

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_w_rifle_1.jpg

bulgy_wood_camo_mag_w_rifle_2.jpg

SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    Thanks for the positive response, fellas! One of my hobbies is to paint camo on everything I can. I had this spare mag sitting around that needed a paint job of some sort. Plus, I like the "practicality" of seeing what's left in the mag.

1000 of them would be great, but 10 to start is best for me. I'm looking online to find some cheap, hopefully ~$12 each or so. Then, line 10 up and give them wood camo of various shades. If I can get the process down fast enough to make a profit, I just might sell them.

Here are 2 more pics that show it better.

1m70_wood_mag_2.jpg

1m70_wood_mag_1.jpg

SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    Thanks! I am ordering 10 for a "production run." I will have various shades. I will document the process, time it, and sell some. Any suggestions other than various wood colors?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    How about a skull, or some sort of demon head? Seems like that is all the rage these days... Not trying to be sarcastic, as I know they would sell, if only as display pieces...

I do like the idea of a "window" in an ak mag. I plan to do some stripe type camo on my aks and may have to do this with a few of the clear mags I have.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    I'm not a fan of the new bulgarian mags you posted, the old ones used to have steel reinforcements embedded in the polymer at the latches and the feed lips. I'm not sure these will be as durable as the old ones.

If you like this look, you should search around for some 7.62x39 bakelite Tula or phenolic chinese mags, usually $60+ea, but they look cool

SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    I am not a fan of them either. No steel. These can be used, sure, but heavy use will wear them down. These won't be meant for heavy use.

Top Bottom