I Guess I Was Wrong -- Proof That Open-Carry Does Deter Criminals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...e-suspects-had-felony-convictions-ar-1510369/

According to the Richmond Times, 48 year old Blaine Tyler was open carrying a handgun when he was attacked by two 16 year olds who removed his firearm and killed him with it. The firearm was apparently used in another robbery/fatality a few hours later.

Prosecuting attorney Andy Johnson says that the two teens arrived on a scooter, followed Tyler into the gas station/convenience store at 8:15 p.m., walked in and immediately grabbed his gun and shot him with it.

"According to court papers, Smith took Tyler's gun during a struggle and shot Tyler in the chest after the victim chased Smith inside the store. Authorities said they could not confirm witness accounts that Tyler was killed with his own gun until they get the results of forensics testing. They also are awaiting test results to show whether the gun used to kill Tyler was the one used to shoot Cosby."

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Way to disrespect this man's life with such a well thought out topic title.

sarcasticclap.gif

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    If one will OC, he should be trained, and well trained to OC properly. The OCer was clearly not properly trained.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Way to disrespect this man's life with such a well thought out topic title.
    ]

1. I initially planned to use this title: "I Was Correct All Along -- And All the Halfwits Who Think Open Carry is a Great Idea Are Hereby Shown (Once Again) to be Wrong" ................. But it seemed a bit wordy.

2. I fail to see anything in anyone's post that would serve to "disrespect" anyone's life. That assertion is no less ignorant than one which might suggest that your "Molon Labe" sig line is a trite, disrespectful means of minimizing the sacrifice of Leonidas and his troops.

Last edited:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    1. I initially planned to use this title: "I Was Correct All Along -- And All the Halfwits Who Think Open Carry is a Great Idea Are Hereby Shown (Once Again) to be Wrong" ................. But it seemed a bit wordy.

So, I would assume that you apply the same philosophy to air travel? Anyone who gets on a plane is a halfwit, since we all know that the plane is going to crash and we're all going to be killed or stranded in the river?

New-York-Hudson-River-plane-crash.jpg

Funny how the news won't report all of the planes that safely landed everyday... nor will they report all of the OCers who had an uneventful day while carrying.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    judging someone based on their looks eh?

Forgive me for not being PC. It's clearly a simple question.
    oups-pardon-9877.gif

However I do indeed judge people everyday based on their appearance. Something wrong with that? If I see a dude walk behind me in a Gas Station dressed like a thug 'G' complete with saggy pants and bandana, you damn right I just judged him by his appearance and will keep an eye on him more than the well dressed male paying for his coffee at the register.

Disrespect is not a verb.

I have to say, at least you're persistent.
    smiliepalm.gif

Last edited:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    So, I would assume that you apply the same philosophy to air travel?

Yep.
    Anyone who assumes control of an aircraft in unrestricted ("public") airspace, but lacks the training and/or competency to maintain proper control of said aircraft, is a threat to others.

The poor,misguided,well-respected (apparently by some members on this forum) gentleman who suddenly became unarmed not only got himself killed. His weapon, that he failed to safeguard, was then used to kill another, presumably innocent, citizen.

For the record, I am disheartened and appalled by this senseless tragedy. I am so overwhelmed that I am once again opening the membership rolls of my prestigious Louisiana Open Carry Operators (LOCO) Academy. Check this thread to see if you can meet our rigorous requirements for instructors. The open-carry community needs you.
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?20196-LOCO-Academy-Seeking-Instructors

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Yep.
    Anyone who assumes control of an aircraft in unrestricted ("public") airspace, but lacks the training and/or competency to maintain proper control of said aircraft, is a threat to others.

The poor,misguided,well-respected (apparently by some members on this forum) not only got himself killed. His weapon, that he failed to safeguard, was then used to kill another, presumably innocent, citizen.

For the record, I am disheartened and appalled by this senseless tragedy. I am so overwhelmed that I am once again opening the membership rolls of my prestigious Louisiana Open Carry Operators (LOCO) Academy. Check this thread to see if you can meet our rigorous requirements for instructors. The open-carry community needs you.
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?20196-LOCO-Academy-Seeking-Instructors

That's good stuff.

JR1572

Last edited:
    Top Bottom