I miss my range!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uspsashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    St Bernard
    I miss my local shooting range. I used to shoot at the St bernard indoor range. it was well maintained and large with twelve lanes. the guys that worked there were so helpful and friendly. everyone that shot there was welcomeing and loved new shooters. they also offered steel plate matches on friday nights and ipsc matchs on a set sunday of every month. everything i loved. i miss my range

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I miss my local shooting range. I used to shoot at the St bernard indoor range. it was well maintained and large with twelve lanes. the guys that worked there were so helpful and friendly. everyone that shot there was welcomeing and loved new shooters. they also offered steel plate matches on friday nights and ipsc matchs on a set sunday of every month. everything i loved. i miss my range

I miss my shoo.......wait......the northshore still doesn't have an indoor range:squint: (FITS don't count. I got issues with them.....)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live is St. bernard also, and wish we had a range... I either drive to harahan or pearl river to go shooting, but would prefer something closer to home.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Isn't there an outdoor range in St.Bernard?
    I shot quite a few USPSA matches with Max and Joe Campiere and Tom at the old indoor range too.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Sounds like a business oppurtunity. Is the building and equipment still there?
    As the former webmaster and fellow member of SBISC, I still get occasional inquiries about the range, equipment, etc. (I keep the website up as a memorial.) According to Ray himself, the equipment was ruined by Katrina. The building was leased by the range, not owned by them. It was up for sale after the storm.

In any case, Ray said the owners of the range (he was the manager, not the owner) were never interested in reopening it.

uspsashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    St Bernard
    does anyone know about the st bernard outdoor range?? from what i remember as a kid, it was a private range and there was some type of waiting list to become a member??

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    does anyone know about the st bernard outdoor range?? from what i remember as a kid, it was a private range and there was some type of waiting list to become a member??

It is a private range. They have a 200 yard rifle range, but it is used for shotgun and pistol as well. They have very limited space to allow members in and you have to be sponsored by a current member. My dad is a member there still and we go out there on occassion.

Top Bottom