I need to vent!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    My wife called me at work and said that when her son (my step-son) got home from school, he saw that someone had broken into our house. Someone stole two Marlin .22 rifles, a Glock 19, a Walther P22, 3 computers, some DVDs and CDs and our fireproof box full of important papers. The serial numbers to the guns were in the laptop and in the fireproof box. :(

(At least we still have my Ruger 9mm and her .38 revolver that are in our vehicles.)

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    My wife called me at work and said that when her son (my step-son) got home from school, he saw that someone had broken into our house. Someone stole two Marlin .22 rifles, a Glock 19, a Walther P22, 3 computers, some DVDs and CDs and our fireproof box full of important papers. The serial numbers to the guns were in the laptop and in the fireproof box. :(

(At least we still have my Ruger 9mm and her .38 revolver that are in our vehicles.)

Sorry to hear that.

All of our important paper's and number's are on 3 zip drives.
    1. Safe
    2. Key chain
    3. Safety deposit box @ bank

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Sorry for your loss chief. If I may ask, were your document safe and firearms "hidden" so to speak, or where they just in a closet in open view?

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Sorry for your loss chief. If I may ask, were your document safe and firearms "hidden" so to speak, or where they just in a closet in open view?

The rifles were on a gun rack on the wall that I built. The handguns were inside gun bags, inside the closet.
    The document safe was under a desk... not so hidden :(

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Near Johnston & Guilbeau.

That sucks. I lived not far from there. Back in the seventies I lived in one of the apartment complexes on Guilbeau near Congress. In the years since, some those seem to have been converted to government subsidized and along came the usual attendant problems.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    One of saddest parts is that stuff has to be hidden now . In our own homes . I hate thieves and im sorry for yur loss . I hope u get it back and that somehow they are caught breaking into the wrong persons house . If anything turns up plz keep us updated . I love hearing that stolen items get found and POS like these are arrested .

apso1857

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Crowley, LA
    Sorry to hear about this situation. They had been hitting our area on the borders with Vermillion and Lafayette parish. We were able to catch two of them, but we suspect there are more involved.

Did it look like they searched thru your residence, or just took what was easy to find?

Top Bottom