I picked a gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    I had asked about differt guns early on
    the ones I was looking at
    I ended up getting a berrata 92fs two tone I wanted the Cz too but I did not know how long it would be before I could get it (needed more money )
    so I went out with my son and went to differnt gun shops and he kept saying he liked the 92 and we already had some mags for it and I was looking for a 9mm
    I have shot a a 92 before in the navy
    I took it out saterday a shot it I do like it
    I am not fond of the long frist trigger pull after I decock-it but it dose shoot on the money so I will live with it
    But the cz is got to be my next I love the way that feels but I do want the sp01 with decocker

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Great gun. SHot it in USMC for duty and competitively. I have little girl hands, so it is a beast for me.

Solid platform, easy disassemble on traffic stops, and wealthy round count. ;)

Enjot your purchase.

Also, extra magazines are plentiful.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    yeah I have 5 mags so that is a start and I think I can get more easy
    do the sell a kit to lower the force requierd for trigger pull? or is there and easy cheap fix ?

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    Yes, you can get a mainspring from a 92 "D" that will lower the trigger pull. I forget the poundage differences right now, but Wolf also makes several different spring rates for it. Be careful if you go too light, as some say it will make it harder to ignite some primers.

http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

daxt79

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here's a Beretta gunsmith that sells parts. You can buy a "D" spring as mentioned above. Or you can buy a competition spring which will lighten the pull a little more than the "D" spring. I've installed the "D" spring in my PX4 & noticed a difference in double action. They claim about 2lbs difference from the factory to the "D" & another 2lbs from the "D" to the competition.

http://www.olhasso.com/PS/parts.htm

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    Here's a Beretta gunsmith that sells parts. You can buy a "D" spring as mentioned above. Or you can buy a competition spring which will lighten the pull a little more than the "D" spring. I've installed the "D" spring in my PX4 & noticed a difference in double action. They claim about 2lbs difference from the factory to the "D" & another 2lbs from the "D" to the competition.

http://www.olhasso.com/PS/parts.htm

Other than the factory D spring, the springs David Olhasso sells are Wolf springs. I ordered my comp springs from him and that's what he sent. According to Wolf there is actually a 7 pound (not 4) difference between the factory FS and the comp setup. Olhasso is a great guy to deal with, but it is cheaper to go direct through Wolf.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I'm an old "picker" when it comes to trying to modify a gun from factory specs. I have heard of too many times messing with the trigger pull can cause some problems at a most in-oportune time. That just my 2c worth.

Top Bottom