I Said This (To Get Elected), But of Course; Am Doing This!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Fox 44 in BR just had a GREAT segment depicting his campaign debate positions on everything JBE flip-flopped on with his speech tonight.

Sounds like it's time for a recall....how do we go about getting the recall started?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Did you hear him threatening to cut medicaid funding? Nope me either.

Actually, I seem to remember him agreeding to increased medicaid funding that required a matching fund from us. Oh, where did that money come from?

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I watched the live speech and I think he should be ashamed. Going on live tv and saying LSU will close its doors and there will no be college football next year if we don't pay more is pathetic. I hope there is a backlash for him trying to scare the masses into paying more in taxes.

I agree. I think it is ridiculous to think that the state as a whole would jeopardize the future of thousands of kids, "cancel christmas" as it were ( i.e. no football and the inability for student athletes to transfer and play somewhere else next year).

Absolutely shameful.

just about the only thing i agree with is that jindal screwed this state up beyond relief and will go down in history as one of the worst governors that any state has seen.

Lets just declare bankruptcy like detroit. it seems to have worked out well for them!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I agree. I think it is ridiculous to think that the state as a whole would jeopardize the future of thousands of kids, "cancel christmas" as it were ( i.e. no football and the inability for student athletes to transfer and play somewhere else next year).

Absolutely shameful.

just about the only thing i agree with is that jindal screwed this state up beyond relief and will go down in history as one of the worst governors that any state has seen.

Lets just declare bankruptcy like detroit. it seems to have worked out well for them!

Jindal is but only 1/4 of this. This goes back to Edwards the criminal. When I hear people say that Jindal is the sole cause of this, it sounds ignorant. People need to do some history research. Edwards, Foster, and Blanco; have all played this stupid game. It is a common theme and easy cover in politics to just blame the last guy. Gee, where have we heard that before?

Even if John Kennedy and PARLouisiana were found to be wrong in the end with the cuts they are advocating, shouldn't we demand that this bug eyed phony try that before demolishing this economy with tax hikes?

Maybe everyone should wonder why they aren't immediately going after the bloated state employee roles here. We are 6th in the nation on per capita state employees! 6th! Out of ALL 50 states! Give me a break! BTW; we were #1 in that before Jindal!

Louisianans need to take 5 minutes from their busy FB schedules to send emails to their representatives and demand they look for cuts before tanking this place!

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Jindal is the main cause of this issue. The budget for Louisiana has grown over 40% during the last 7 years. John Kennedy your treasurer has been on TV & Radio the last few days telling everyone the problem and what needs to be done to correct the issue and it is not to raise any taxes.
    Jindal is but only 1/4 of this. This goes back to Edwards the criminal. When I hear people say that Jindal is the sole cause of this, it sounds ignorant. People need to do some history research. Edwards, Foster, and Blanco; have all played this stupid game. It is a common theme and easy cover in politics to just blame the last guy. Gee, where have we heard that before?

Even if John Kennedy and PARLouisiana were found to be wrong in the end with the cuts they are advocating, shouldn't we demand that this bug eyed phony try that before demolishing this economy with tax hikes?

Maybe everyone should wonder why they aren't immediately going after the bloated state employee roles here. We are 6th in the nation on per capita state employees! 6th! Out of ALL 50 states! Give me a break! BTW; we were #1 in that before Jindal!

Louisianans need to take 5 minutes from their busy FB schedules to send emails to their representatives and demand they look for cuts before tanking this place!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I watched the live speech and I think he should be ashamed. Going on live tv and saying LSU will close its doors and there will no be college football next year if we don't pay more is pathetic. I hope there is a backlash for him trying to scare the masses into paying more in taxes.

F-ing hilarious that people loose their mind when he mentioned college football -- 1st of all it is a college extra-curricular activity. If it can self fund itself great, but in a budget crisis, this should be 1st to get hit. BTW- when is the last time you watched a college football game and they showed a player's major and GPA? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Where was all the debate about how we are going to handle the looming budget crisis during the campaigns last fall??? All I saw was "you are a mini-Obama" vs. "you have mistresses/madams all over Washington DC."

To me this should be a warning to all Trump supporters. I would like to know a guys history/plans vs. just campaign rhetoric and "cult of personality" followings.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    F-ing hilarious that people loose their mind when he mentioned college football -- 1st of all it is a college extra-curricular activity. If it can self fund itself great, but in a budget crisis, this should be 1st to get hit. BTW- when is the last time you watched a college football game and they showed a player's major and GPA? Yeah, that's what I thought.
    Not only that but people.are freaking out about TOPS. I feel for anyone in school that will lose their funds but if you're like me and have been in this state as long as I have you know that TOPS is given out to people every day that have not done anything stellar to deserve it. TOPS is like allot of other th ings, the fat needs to be trimmed and has been for a long time. And allot of the same people upset about are totally against Berne Sanders and his everyone goes to college for free talk which I find hysterical. My Facebook feed is entertaining these days.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Where was all the debate about how we are going to handle the looming budget crisis during the campaigns last fall??? All I saw was "you are a mini-Obama" vs. "you have mistresses/madams all over Washington DC."

This is what the media allows!

To me this should be a warning to all Trump supporters. I would like to know a guys history/plans vs. just campaign rhetoric and "cult of personality" followings.

He has specific plans on his website. They all do. As you read them, remember at the same time; they all lie!

The one thing Trump has over the others is he is consistent on his positions and his rhetoric. Kasich is pretty consistent on his positions as well. The others are all over the place!

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    One thing is heartening to me.

I overheard a conversation between a college student and another person in their early 20's this morning. She said "Wait a minute, they want to take my TOPS that I took advanced High School classes to earn and keep a good GPA to maintain, but they want to keep giving free crap to people who do nothing???" Hopefully this is a "light bulb" moment for a lot of people who may not normally pay attention.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

There is nothing funny about an actual sitting governor using football as scare tactic to get a budget crisis fixed in their state. That was the most shameless and embarrassing thing I have seen out of a politician in a long time; and I've seen a lot! If you have to sink to that level of horseshit to force your BS down the citizenry's throat, you are a joke.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Not only that but people.are freaking out about TOPS. I feel for anyone in school that will lose their funds but if you're like me and have been in this state as long as I have you know that TOPS is given out to people every day that have not done anything stellar to deserve it. TOPS is like allot of other th ings, the fat needs to be trimmed and has been for a long time. And allot of the same people upset about are totally against Berne Sanders and his everyone goes to college for free talk which I find hysterical. My Facebook feed is entertaining these days.

Yep! If people knew the genesis of TOPS and what it was supposed to do; then looked at what has become of it; they may say "Well Damn!"

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    There is nothing funny about an actual sitting governor using football as scare tactic to get a budget crisis fixed in their state. That was the most shameless and embarrassing thing I have seen out of a politician in a long time; and I've seen a lot! If you have to sink to that level of horseshit to force your BS down the citizenry's throat, you are a joke.

No - it is F-ing hilarious because the same people cast a blind eye when complete degree programs were removed because of the budget at UNO (the red headed stepchild college under LSU rule at the time) didn't say a F-ing word -- now that you mentioned an extra-curricular activity such as the beloved LSU football program all of a sudden it's a big deal. Last time I checked higher education's first precedent was for education -- not sports. Unless sports is now more important and if that is the case idiocracy is the new norm.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No - it is F-ing hilarious because the same people cast a blind eye when complete degree programs were removed because of the budget at UNO (the red headed stepchild college under LSU rule at the time) didn't say a F-ing word -- now that you mentioned an extra-curricular activity such as the beloved LSU football program all of a sudden it's a big deal. Last time I checked higher education's first precedent was for education -- not sports. Unless sports is now more important and if that is the case idiocracy is the new norm.

I understand the context you are using. And in that sense, you are absolutely correct. That is truly laughable! The context I am using shows me a really pathetic example of a dumbass phony liberal democrat that has no idea what he is about to do to this state's economy. This dummy is using the exact same playbook his hero the Dumbass is using; both to get elected and to govern.

Truly sad.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner

^^^^This^^^ These are all scare tactics to get public support when the tax increases are voted on. Unfortunatly the ignorance of much of the public will shine during the vote. Never and I mean Never vote yes for a tax increase. Not even for Fire and Police because they will never see it. Just ask the NOFD

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I understand the context you are using. And in that sense, you are absolutely correct. That is truly laughable! The context I am using shows me a really pathetic example of a dumbass phony liberal democrat that has no idea what he is about to do to this state's economy. This dummy is using the exact same playbook his hero the Dumbass is using; both to get elected and to govern.

Truly sad.

Agreed Emperor!! I was at UNO for my undergrad Engineering degree and saw 1st hand how we were literally ripped off under the LSU system. It's not much better under the new system simply because the money is no longer there....and that is my beef. WHEN the state had money we were left out to dry -- now the state is broke there is no hope, well except for that football school up north. BTW - anybody look to see how much State money is used for Tulane (a Private University) -- and what Tulane spends on lobby groups to the LA State Legislature? Ever wonder why each State Rep gets to give 2 Tulane Scholarships out a year? -- Give to the Rich, take from the poor. Do you know that Tulane is exempt having to pay state and local sales taxes?

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Jindal is the main cause of this issue. The budget for Louisiana has grown over 40% during the last 7 years. John Kennedy your treasurer has been on TV & Radio the last few days telling everyone the problem and what needs to be done to correct the issue and it is not to raise any taxes.

I'm not here to defend Jindal, but do you have any documentation to back that 40% number up? Seems like all I've heard over the last several years is griping from every state agency about draconian cuts to their budgets. Here's a quick 10yr budget history I found online. I don't see the massive growth. I do recall Jindal faced a $2billion shortfall in 2010.
    Mv0sTyG.png

Last edited:

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    Agreed.

In fact, I'd move sports to community college level and return universities to research and actually teaching those that want an advanced degree.

Use community colleges for apprenticeships, athletic development (like a 'minor league' for baseball), and improving one's grades so you can go to college if you wish and can pay for it (including merit-based scholarships and needs-based grants, as well as personal student loans).

Better yet, merge Junior High with community college. This will save buckets of money and test to see if one is truly ready to go to university. Not everyone is cut out to go to university at any age but particularly at 18yrs old.

YMMV

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    Agreed Emperor!! I was at UNO for my undergrad Engineering degree and saw 1st hand how we were literally ripped off under the LSU system. It's not much better under the new system simply because the money is no longer there....and that is my beef. WHEN the state had money we were left out to dry -- now the state is broke there is no hope, well except for that football school up north.

Why do we even have 3 university systems? Get rid of SUNO. They want equal rights and opportunities? They wanted desegregation? Go next door to UNO; it was and is still a much better school, already built, and no need spend all the money on SUNO for the small number of students who attend!

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    What u are showing is what the actual expenditure turned out to be; not what was projected.
    I'm not here to defend Jindal, but do you have any documentation to back that 40% number up? Seems like all I've heard over the last several years is griping from every state agency about draconian cuts to their budgets. Here's a quick 10yr budget history I found online. I don't see the massive growth. I do recall Jindal faced a $2billion shortfall in 2010.
    Mv0sTyG.png

Top Bottom