I thought this was a camping section

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTiger06

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have been on Bayou shooter for a while now and just started checking out the camping section yet there is not much information on camping. How did this become the Astronomy section? Anyone know of a good camping forum, this is ridiculous? Can someone get Tom an "Astronomer" forum. I can appreciate space and astronomy but not in the camping forum.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    If you want this to be a camping forum, then make it one. Bring something to the table, don't just sit around and expect others to do it.

JTiger06

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am so glad you are here so you can guide others on what they need to do. My question was already asked so I refuse to be repetitive. If I did that then you would have something else to say. So if I think of anything else I want to ask everyone's opinion about I will do it. It is frustrating to weed through all of the unrelated threads to find what I am looking for, but Thanks for your input though!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I just noticed how dominated this section is by Tom :chuckles:

I thoroughly enjoy some of his postings, most are way over my head though.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    I am so glad you are here so you can guide others on what they need to do. My question was already asked so I refuse to be repetitive. If I did that then you would have something else to say. So if I think of anything else I want to ask everyone's opinion about I will do it. It is frustrating to weed through all of the unrelated threads to find what I am looking for, but Thanks for your input though!

Wait a minute...I thought this was the camping section, not the "Ben Segrest needs to mind his business" section...:pimp:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    At least what Tom posts is related to outdoors type stuffs. I mean, when you go camping, can you not do a LOT of stargazing? Considering you're typically far from city lights and the skies are nice and dark, save the twinkle twinkles billions and billions of miles/light years away?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I have been on Bayou shooter for a while now and just started checking out the camping section yet there is not much information on camping. How did this become the Astronomy section? Anyone know of a good camping forum, this is ridiculous? Can someone get Tom an "Astronomer" forum. I can appreciate space and astronomy but not in the camping forum.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville

camping

The Act of staying in one spot in a map in a first person shooter video game to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy or group of enemies.

The person committing the act of camping is the "camper" and the spot on the map it is happening in is "camped".

Camping isn't limited to one weapon, or playing style.

JTiger06

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you, I am not trying to be disrespectful to Tom! I really do appreciate astronomy. I was just so overwhelmed at how much this forum's posts do not reflect the topic. I am just getting into camping and was looking for information on primitive sites. Just wanted to get everyone's input. Thanks!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Thank you, I am not trying to be disrespectful to Tom! I really do appreciate astronomy. I was just so overwhelmed at how much this forum's posts do not reflect the topic. I am just getting into camping and was looking for information on primitive sites. Just wanted to get everyone's input. Thanks!

No disrespect taken, and I appreciate your concern.

I originally started posting in the Camping Forum as it was largely inactive and watching the stars was something I did while camping. I was stationed at Ft. Hood on active duty and went to sleep counting meteors when we were on field exercises.

Your concern comes up occasionally. Spanky says this is where he wants my posts so that's where they go. He's the boss.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Star gazing kinda goes in with camping..... We just need more people talking about camping.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Nuther vote in favor of Tom's posts. I too think they are, or can be viewed as, camping related. I remember seeing Halley's comet and a constellation or two while camping in Tennesse years ago. Keep 'em comin' Tom! :)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Spanky says this is where he wants my posts so that's where they go. He's the boss.

In the words of 'Po the Panda'....Ska'Doosh!

kung-fu-panda-2.gif

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    While we're on the topic has anyone spotted the planet Nibiru that is supposed to be coming our direction? Not trying to "tin foily" but there are a number of Astronomers and Scientists discussing it.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

I originally started posting in the Camping Forum as it was largely inactive and watching the stars was something I did while camping. I was stationed at Ft. Hood on active duty and went to sleep counting meteors when we were on field exercises.

Your concern comes up occasionally. Spanky says this is where he wants my posts so that's where they go. He's the boss.

As a Scout leader, I have used info from Tom's posts on more than one occasion on a weekend camping trip with the guys in our Troop. They have come to be disappointed if I don't have a new astronomical revelation for them to see with their binoculars. Haha, they think I'm an astro-guru... thanks, Tom! :D

I highly recommend the LA State Parks! Lake Fausse Point is one of my personal favorites, and it isn't too far from BR... they have primitive hike-in campsites and canoe-in campsites. I also enjoy camping at Sherburne WMA (since they have shooting ranges), so I can enjoy more than one hobby at the same time & place! There are lots of good places to go, what are you looking to get into while you're there?

I won't profess to be a camping guru, but have been doing it for 25+ years. Need any pointers or have any questions? I'm always happy to help, bro! :cool:

Last edited:

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La

Let me just say Tom, I really enjoy your posts....keep um coming. :rockon:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    JTiger06 this is the Camping section. You should have posted in the Issues, Feedback, and Requests section :thumbsup:
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Issues-Feedback-amp-Requests

Top Bottom