i want to shoot AND move... too much to ask ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C.M.O.

Private Contractor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Chalmette
    Well. No public land to run n gun. No shooting ranges that allow you to shoot and move. I want to get a lease of some land and do just that. Maybe in mississippi, who knows. Any one has any suggestions of where to look .. What key words to search.. Or want the same as me. Not interested in more than 30 acres. Lets split the bill , no camp, no ponds just dry land. Please help me find something to suit my needs. Thanks!

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You can search the competition forum, we have regular Uspsa and 3 gun matches, both have a lot of moving and shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    You can search the competition forum, we have regular Uspsa and 3 gun matches, both have a lot of moving and shooting

I've always wondered, where do you guys practice for these competitions?

I'm sure not everyone who shoots competitions has private land that they can practice on.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    One of the best and cheapest ways to practice shooting and moving is to get air soft copies of your guns and set up targets in your yard. It really works well for practice and you can do it any time.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I'm sure not everyone who shoots competitions has private land that they can practice on.

This is million dollar question. If you don't have a place, it's going to be a challenge.

The liability to allow someone to do this on your private land is pretty hefty. And that is also probably why there is not many commercial opportunities to do it either. If I thought I could make money allowing it, without the fear of someone getting killed or worse, killing someone else; I would have already looked into it.

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Theirs a range in BR that holds practice on Monday night, then one in Baker Wed nights, that's a little bit of a drive for you but might be worth it.
    Check the calendar here for dates and locations

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Theirs a range in BR that holds practice on Monday night, then one in Baker Wed nights, that's a little bit of a drive for you but might be worth it.
    Check the calendar here for dates and locations

What range in BR?

Hammar

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Metairie
    Precision would not allow us to do it anymore saying it was not allowed in thier new insurance policy.

We are shooting 2 gun in Amite tomorrow though. Shooting and moving there.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    My shooting and moving usually consists of little orange clay birds and a dry box of 12ga #9 1oz extra light loads out of my Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U.

C.M.O.

Private Contractor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Chalmette
    3 gun seems fun.. Need to look into the details.. I did look @ the airspft option but heard to actually get something out of it and not developing bad habits is to dump almost 400 dollars into an airsoft gun. Hopefully someone responds to this.but anyone know of any airsoft m4s that are 1:1 size and close in weight that will help develope my skills and not hinder them. I am relatively new and dont want to commit to a bad base for learning and/or spend useless money. Thanks guys

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I spent a bunch of money getting a good air soft, but my grip was that the slide would rub my thumb, I had to file the serrations off my pistol to stop it from cutting me, well I contacted the air soft enough to stop the slide

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    You could take every class Advantage Group offers and cover ammo cost for less than the note on property. In addition you would get top tier 1 type training that you would probably miss out on if you used you own place. I would try the classes first before buying property.

Top Bottom