If this was my kid

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    This old dude would have been lucky to make it out alive. I can put up with a lot of **** from people; but physically assaulting one of my children gets you the death penalty via a campbell soup can or something.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/02/georgia.tot.slapped/index.html

Stranger allegedly slaps crying child in store
    Story Highlights
    Roger Stephens, 61, is charged with first-degree cruelty to children

Authorities say he slapped a crying little girl in a Walmart store

The child's mother says she does not know the suspect

By Gabriel Falcon
    AC360° Writer

(CNN) -- A Georgia man allegedly slapped a toddler at a Walmart store because she wouldn't stop crying, authorities said.

Roger Stephens, 61, was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree cruelty to children. An incident report obtained from police in Gwinnett County indicated Stephens did not know the 2-year-old girl he stands accused of hitting.

The confrontation happened shortly before noon at the Walmart in Stone Mountain, a suburb of Atlanta.

According to the arresting officer, the child's mother said her daughter was crying as they walked down one of the aisles.

The mother said a stranger later identified as Stephens approached them and said, "If you don't shut the baby up, I will shut her up for you." Watch what the stranger said »

A few moments later, while the mother and the crying child were in another aisle, Stephens allegedly grabbed the girl and slapped her across the face.

Police said he hit her four or five times. "See, I told you I would shut her up," the suspect allegedly told the mother.

Authorities described "slight redness" to the toddler's face. Before he was arrested, Stephens apologized to the mother for striking the girl, the incident report said.

Stephens, a Stone Mountain resident, is being held by the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    This old dude would have been lucky to make it out alive. I can put up with a lot of **** from people; but physically assaulting one of my children gets you the death penalty via a campbell soup can or something.

No kidding! Things would get interesting real quick.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm sorry, a guy starts slapping my kid in that way and my kid may have "slight redness" on his face but that guy would have three holes in his chest. A child of 2 can still die from "shaken baby syndrome" and as far as I'm concerned, I dont know what his intentions are, but I'm not waiting to find out.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I would have taken a different approach.

I like to turn even bad situations into teaching situations.

In this case it would have been "Now, sweetheart, watch how he screams when I bend his arm like this!"......

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I could see where he's comeing from, theres a few kids Ive run across in Wally World I wouldnt mind passing on LOL :rofl:

Bet that kid dont make a peep next time.. :D

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Too bad your kids would grow up with thier Dad in jail... That would be a shame...

A grown man beating/slapping on a 2 year old? That could easily kill or permanently harm a child that age. It's not like he was slapping around a teenager. The man already said that if she didnt shut the kid up, that he would. How was she (or me for that matter) to know what he really meant by that. He threatened bodily harm on a 2 year old, then, after thinking about it, followed through with it. I would like to see a jury that would convict me, with video evidence of him beating on a toddler.

Edit to add: Justifiable Homicide

LA R.S. 14:20

A. A homicide is justifiable:

(1) When committed in self-defense by one who reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger.

(2) When committed for the purpose of preventing a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or of great bodily harm by one who reasonably believes that such an offense is about to be committed and that such action is necessary for its prevention. The circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.

I have reason to believe that a 61 year old grown man who already made a threat against a 2 year old child, who then goes on to beat on said child multiple times may cause great bodily harm to that child. Case closed. I'll accept the civil suit that follows knowing that my child wont have brain damage because some a-hole cant handle his stress level.

Last edited:

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow! a two year old you don't know. I have two teenagers and could understand someone slapping them, cause I've had to but thats MY job. The poor parent on the other
    hand is handicapped by a society that would call the cops on here for doing something.
    If this dude doesn't do time he just needs to send someone to Walley world for him, If someone attacked my two year old it wouldn't have a pretty outcome either.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    16_14_30---Police-Line-Do-Not-Cross_web.jpg

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There's a whole lot of internet tough guy going on in here.

If the lady had any sort of control over her crotch-fruit, it wouldnt have been necessary for this gentleman to smack the hell out of that kid.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    crotch fruit.... I'm going to have to remember that one next time I get pissed at my sister for laughing when her four year old terrorizes my mother's electronics next time.

However!!! You try and discipline a toddler hellbent on a temper tantrum. You can literally spank them until they're bruised and you know what? Not a single dent. The best you can do is grit your teeth and hope to distract. Tired, hungry, or sick two year olds, good luck. It takes patience. Without knowing what was going on, you don't know if it was because the child was excessively spoiled, or as I said... tired, hungry, sick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom