I'm going to trade my smartphone for some PCP!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46794...ies-help-stop-cell-phone-thefts/#.T2ygeXkyfC4

Video included, also make sure you click for the full transcript if you want to read instead of watch.
    But seriously, one must take the "report" in for the full effect.

As someone "in the know", trust me this sensationalist ********. CDMA (ie Sprint, Verizon) phones have their ESN blacklisted if the owner of the account reports it stolen. I know for a fact that GSM (ie At&t, Tmobile) phones can be reused with just buying a new simcard & having a less honest store rep.

The 70 police chiefs part made me think of "Police Chiefs Against Guns" for some reason. I couldn't believe my eyes & ears when I saw this on my local news the other night, I'd tuned in just because of the commercial I'd seen. Looked it up today and surprise surprise, it is some fine MSNBC work. Wow. Just wow.

Not saying that cellphone thefts aren't getting worse or more violent, that part is probably true. Crackhead steals your phone and trades it for a rock, they use it for an hour or so and toss it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom