I'm impatient

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    So I am super impatient when I wan something. It got the best of me. I decided to go rifle shopping today and picked this up from a local shop.
    It is the rem 700 Sps tactical with there's barrel and ghillie green stock.
    Now I just need to find a 20 moa base and a decent scope and rings as they were dead set on the only scope they
    had. Which was a sight mark 4-16x46.
    japedaju.jpg

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    That is very nice!! I love my SPS it is a great rifle and is more accurate than I am. I am guessing that it is a .308?

Check Joe Bobs for the scope base.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks guys!! I just couldn't find one used so I went pay the piper. I'm glad I chose the threaded and this is 1x10 twist.
    It is in .308. They had the thread and fluted in the other Remington stock but it was $100 more.
    Ritten if I had that mind of money man I would most likely get that thing. But that is my tuition amount haha.
    But anyone reading this I can trade some steel targets for something plus cash :D

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    my bad, I just scanned that ad, and saw "20 MOA" at the beginning. didnt realize that wasnt one.

I get the Badger 20MOA rails at $120/ea if that helps.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thank you for the link shaggy and no worries man. That was very nice of you to give that rail to someone in need.

Here are some pictures. I had these little bases and the rings in the safe and this is an extra scope I had in there. Just gonna try to shoot it this weekend.
    I looked at the warren 20moa but decided not too. I need to find a scope as well would like a first focal plane but not a necessity. But would like around the max16x power at least. I will be attempting to wait until I get my income taxes before I buy that.
    ubyme3uh.jpg

usa3ajub.jpg

aza9yjyt.jpg

Last edited:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Sweet setup.for FFP and the price, check out the vortex PST lineup. They are pretty much out of stock everywhere but the price is very enticing. I believe Lafayette shooters had a couple in stock. Didn't look at the magnification since I was set on a Zeiss.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Sweet setup.for FFP and the price, check out the vortex PST lineup. They are pretty much out of stock everywhere but the price is very enticing. I believe Lafayette shooters had a couple in stock. Didn't look at the magnification since I was set on a Zeiss.

Sweet man! Will do! I wish I could afford a us optic, night force or a s&b

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have a Vortex FFP x24 Viper and it is great. Good luck finding one though in stock. Got mine used scouring the interwebs. Got a MIL/MIL but would rather have gotten the MOA/MOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have a Vortex FFP x24 Viper and it is great. Good luck finding one though in stock. Got mine used scouring the interwebs. Got a MIL/MIL but would rather have gotten the MOA/MOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sounds nice man! I am familiar with moa. I told ritten I would like to try mil. Seems to be the standard for long range shooting.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks guys. It is just getting started. A deep trench of money is going to be involved with this one eventually lol.
    Those are just some cheap weaver bases and durasight rings I had. I'm ordering a 20moa base this week.
    Can't decide on the scope yet and without that I can't choose rings either.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I had a great day at palo alto today! Big thanks to Mickey and Ritten for showing me around and sharing their information! I will be shooting next weekend in the match.
    After the match I was able to zero my rifle at 100 yards and here is what it is capable of and I'm no crack shot.
    This is a 5-shot group using factory federal premium Sierra matchking 168grn.
    qu6y8yde.jpg
    ebepupyv.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom