Info/what are they worth (Revolvers, semi auto .22)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    My friend got these when his dad died. They're dirty and don't seem like anything all that special. Any opinions? Are they worth anything or should they just be made into wall art?
    RG 14 .22 revolver Miami, FL

Liberty Chief .38 Special Firearms Manufacturing Co Japan

Com Prod Inc .22 NY

Jennings Firearms Inc .22 semi auto Calwestco Chino, CA

(Pardon me if these pics don't post well. First time posting images in a thread on this site)

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    His Father liked cheap guns, used to be called saturday night specials......50-75 bucks each maybe
    the jennings might fetch 100-125

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have a similar RG (slightly longer barrel) that my grandfather gave me, it was still in the box with a price tag listed as $17.50.

I will most likely will never sell it but I can tell you I wouldn't buy any more at that price.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    @ MyTFAL, I don't know if he liked them but was told that he accepted them as payment when folks couldn't pay in cash. There may still be more in the house that will be found when the kids finish going through it.

@ Log Island, good point.

LouisianaGunny

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a handful of the Jennings and Rohm in various stages of disrepair. It is usually sentimental reasons that compel someone to repair them. I'd be interested if you decided to get rid of them, but it would not be for very much. PM me if you want to move them. If you keep them for sentimental reasons, hit me up if you have issues, I could probably talk you through what to do to fix it. They are a pretty simple design.

marmy7451

Bill
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Livingston Parish
    Answers are right on EXCEPT the Liberty Chief by Miroku (Japan). This is a high quality clone of a Colt and is a fine handgun. Little to no collector interest, but never the less a excellent gun from the mid-60's. Let me know if you want to sell it.

dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    Blue book price on Jennings in 90% condition is $35, RG 14 in 90% condition is $60. Could not find any info on the other two but would suspect they would be in the same area.

Regards,
    Chuck

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    There's a gun buyback program in New Orleans on Oct. 25--$75 cash for working handguns. It states that it's "no questions asked". Maybe this might be your best bet if you want to get a decent return on those pistols.

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    I had one of the Jennings many years ago. I could never get the thing to cycle past one round without jamming. When one of my sisters told me that she wanted it and would trade me something else for it. Even 20 years later, I still think I got the better deal and I do not remember what I ever received.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I have an RG 14, the others nailed it value wise. It's fun to shoot, and never had an issue single action. If I rapid fire it double action, I get some light firing pin strikes (FTF) because the hammer block resets so quickly. It works everytime double action if you make sure you pull the trigger all the way back, this gives the hammer enough time to get past the hammer block.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom