Inherited

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Well these past couple of days I have inherited a Mossberg .410 bolt action made sometime between late 40's-60's. I also have a Ruger 10/22 which had no mag, and is missing the front metal strap. Shoots like a charm after getting an aftermarket mag at BPS. I know this is an older model.

I researched the .410 its about $100 in good cond. Is there any place I can research the serial on the Ruger to see what year it was made?

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    ok i found it on rugers site.. its begins with a 120- so im guessing somewhere between 80-81. I LOVE this gun!!! ive always wanted one!

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    George, There was an old man that lived behind my parents and he had several old guns that I had admired through the years of my youth. I got married and my new wife and I went to visit the old couple. He told me he needed to sell some of the guns. The only on I could afford was a magazine fed bolt action Mossberg 20 ga. with a poly-choke. I bought it for $15 or $20 and it has been a good old gun. I use to be an avid hunter and have and have had many very nice guns. I would rather hunt with that old 20 ga. than the rest. I have had it for right at forty-three years.

Hope you enjoy yours.;)

Buddy

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    congrats, sorry to hear that it was inherited.

Is the .410 a single shot?

I like .410's, they are cool little guns.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    you gonna sell the 410? my son would like it too.
    it will be used by my son when he gets old enough. Im NEVER getting rid of them.

congrats, sorry to hear that it was inherited.

Is the .410 a single shot?

I like .410's, they are cool little guns.

model183d.jpg

3-Shot, Takedown, .410 bore only (2 1/2 & 3-inch), 2 shell fixed top loading magazine. Weight 5 1/2 lbs, barrel, 23" with two interchangeable choke tubes, Modified & Full. Plain one piece pistol grip stock.

Model 183D-A Bolt Action Shotgun, left hand extractor added. Made 1948-1950.

Top Bottom