Insanity / P90X

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I hate soup and love red meat.....so still not sure..... :confused:

Anyway Plant Based just means eating more plants(Veggies), Fruits and not having or needing to eat meat every day to fulfill the protein intake. It's just a diet philosophy proven over hundreds of years of historical diet studies.

Nothing wrong with red meat, but having it every day could be. There's leaner more healthy ways of getting protein is all that I'm saying. Plus it matters too on HOW the meat is prepared but that's another topic.

Ah, eating paleo all your protein comes from Meat. As long as you don't overcook red meat it is fine, I understand charring can cause some nasty effects. One benefit of Paleo, no Dairy, no beans, no wheat = no gas, ever.

dsb45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Monroe, La.
    OK...jumping on P90X program as soon as it arrives. I have a mat for floor exercises, 10, 15 & 20 lbs dumbbells (will acquire heavier ones as needed) and a pull up bar. Besides towels, Motrin & will power, what else do I need?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    OK...jumping on P90X program as soon as it arrives. I have a mat for floor exercises, 10, 15 & 20 lbs dumbbells (will acquire heavier ones as needed) and a pull up bar. Besides towels, Motrin & will power, what else do I need?

Chocolate flavored whey protein, strawberries, bananas, and a blender!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A remote so you can hit the pause button, or fast-forward through Tony talking (as you deem fit). Also, make sure to keep water handy during the entirety of the workout :) I like doing P90X without shoes, but if you plan on using shoes, make sure you have a good pair you can move around in. It's hard at first, but don't give up!! Oh, and try to keep to the food plan if you can.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

Get you're self a couple bands. Tie it into a loop and attach run in it on you're pull up bar. When you do pull ups put it around you're back so it assist you. The video shows you can put a foot on a chair to help you're self but honestly you will likely help you're self too much. I like the band method until you can do them without it any assist.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    After the first of the year my wife started making better choices. less and less fast food Cut back on soda to the point she quit drinking Diet Coke all together. We used to eat out 3 or 4 times a week because we dont get home til late many nights. Well she started loosing weight. All I heard was carb this and carb that blah blah blah. Not to be outdone I half assed started following her. I never thought i was loosing any weight. I work with a guy whose wife is a research scientist at Pennington here in BR. She does studies on obesity and loosing weight ect. We started using some products she recomended also. My wife is smaller then I have ever known her now. About a week ago I went to put on a button down shirt that I got last May and it fit like a jearsy. I started noticing my clothes and my jeans looked like parachute pants. She said tonight my work pants are hanging on me all baggy. I suspect I have lost about 25 lbs so far. Long way to go. We both work at a nuke power plant and we are currently in the middle of an outage. We are working 6 and 7 days a week 13 hours a day so working out is not an option. Sleep is more important at the moment but it should be over in a cpl weeks and we'll see what happens then. P90X/Insanity or Crossfit would kill me. I would be nothing but a pile of goo on the floor after I was done. Plus I am drinking abouy 70-80 oz of water a day. so days better then others depending on work. I feel like I am one of those ancient Roman fountains peeing all the time.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    After the first of the year my wife started making better choices. less and less fast food Cut back on soda to the point she quit drinking Diet Coke all together. We used to eat out 3 or 4 times a week because we dont get home til late many nights. Well she started loosing weight. All I heard was carb this and carb that blah blah blah. Not to be outdone I half assed started following her. I never thought i was loosing any weight. I work with a guy whose wife is a research scientist at Pennington here in BR. She does studies on obesity and loosing weight ect. We started using some products she recomended also. My wife is smaller then I have ever known her now. About a week ago I went to put on a button down shirt that I got last May and it fit like a jearsy. I started noticing my clothes and my jeans looked like parachute pants. She said tonight my work pants are hanging on me all baggy. I suspect I have lost about 25 lbs so far. Long way to go. We both work at a nuke power plant and we are currently in the middle of an outage. We are working 6 and 7 days a week 13 hours a day so working out is not an option. Sleep is more important at the moment but it should be over in a cpl weeks and we'll see what happens then. P90X/Insanity or Crossfit would kill me. I would be nothing but a pile of goo on the floor after I was done. Plus I am drinking abouy 70-80 oz of water a day. so days better then others depending on work. I feel like I am one of those ancient Roman fountains peeing all the time.

I know the feeling. I've worked hours that long 7 days a week before and still do at times. You would be surprised though that once you start to get in shape coming home from a 12 hour shift and doing a 1 hour work out is easy. Or it gets easy. Our bodies were designed to be work horses but we aren't used to anymore.
    It's all what you used too. It's not uncommon for me to go to bed at 10pm, get up at 2am to drive to fourchon, take a chopper to a rig, work till 6pm and then hit the gym on board after that.

Point is you can used to anything. And the better shape you get in the more resiliant you become.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

A Diet Plan besides the one it comes with.

It's not likely that you'll be able to follow the P90x Tier 1 Diet plan to a 'T'.
    For one you're not likely to have the groceries required :p

Anyway you should ensure that you rid your pantry of as many toxic foods as possible. Later on if you want to cheat on something toxic, you GO get it. Don't let it already be in your pantry.

Remember that fitness is a 24 hour War.
    "The daily workout is a 1 hour fight in a 24 hour War. The other 23 hours is the Diet War!"

Now which do you think is MOST important?

;)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I did my third fit today for Insanity. I had a cold all last week and am still recovering, but I improved on every single number, and last time I pushed it as hard as I could go. Definitely seeing improvements that I didn't know where there.

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    Austin. did you get your t-shirt? I am starting my 2nd month of Insanity. It is Insane and I HATE doing it, but when finished and recovered I feel like a million bucks. That is what makes it worth it. Also the recovery Drink is awesone!! For those that dont know. if you drink it after workout you wont be sore the next day! It is crazy. The first couple days i didnt have it and could barely walk the next day. I would highly reccomend it. As I said starting the second month and still cannot keep up with those machines, but every day I can do more.

I will post my before and after fit test numbers next month when I complete it.

mothrgoosr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I see what youre saying. I don't need dvd's, but I would like to be able to do the workouts from home (with very limited equipment--similar to p90x level) and not have to visit a gym.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Crossfit has thousands of workouts posted, and the majority of the can be completed with a Barbell/weights, pull up bar and jump rope. You could do dips just about anywhere, on a couple of kitchen chairs. A box would come in handy, and a medicine ball, both can be made for less than $30 each. Almost every exercise has something you could sub it with if you don't have the equipment.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yea DVD's are fun and do well to teach but they can become redundant and restrictive. It's not for everyone.

I'll look up some programs and books later.

Is it possible for you to join a gym? money wise? I'd be looking at saving the money on DVD's and joining a Cross Fit Gym.

In fact, I'd hit up kcinnick and now you have a partner :D

Top Bottom