Interesting article written by a Liberal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    willing to bet one of my guns that at least one of his "hunting rifles" is semi-automatic.

PS: In event of national epidemic, outbreak, or social unrest... his place sounds pretty nice, and he'll have no defense. Easy pickins.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This fall, when I was waiting at the crest of the hill for the turkeys to come into sight, and could hear their foraging getting nearer minute by minute, I was plotting destruction. But the feeling was sweet. When pointing downrange onto a pheasant recently flushed, I feel the thrill of absolute connection when I know that I am dialed in to this bird’s death

There is a weighty satisfaction that comes with carrying a gun in my hands. This *steel that fires lead,* to quote writer and former gun-owner Andre Dubus, tempts the holder with surety in an unpredictable world. Carrying a gun is an act of sheer presence. Carrying a gun, by extension, becomes a claim, an irrefutable argument that its wielder also cannot be ignored. Even the pheasants that I’ve missed – and their numbers are legion – will remember me forever in their puny birdbrains.

Yeah, I'm okay with this guy giving up his guns. This person sounds crazy.

I hunt, love to hunt. I don't particularly enjoy the kill. I have a lot more respect for my prey than this.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    What a moron!

"With what, then, will I hunt? I’ve always been fascinated with atlatls (spear-throwing tools). I also hear that one can hunt birds on the wing with *flu-flu* arrows. I certainly won’t kill as many pheasants, but at least I won’t be a man with a gun."

So they are not lethal, and can't be used against humans. I see that CSM has extremely low intelligence standards for their writers.

Lowbrow

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    New Orleans
    effetemagr.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    ...but the tragedy in Newtown, Conn. made me realize that as a gun-owner, I am unwittingly abetting the narrative of American violence.

Uh, okay.

Friends, if you- in today's times- still doubt that liberalism is nothing more than a MENTAL DISORDER, it's probably too late for you.

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    "I am not sure I can abide the similarity between my guns and those that have committed unspeakable atrocities." When did any gun (or other object) commit an "unspeakable atrocity"?
    But then again, I'm not convinced this is even a real story, and not just some made up BS that someone wanted to put out. In any case, if he wants to give HIS up, that's HIS decision, and HE can live with the results.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    What a weak-minded simp! It's actually kind of sad, though, to see someone who has so little control over their own life that a "bad feeling" dictates such a response. It must suck to be so pathetic, to be so weak as to be immediately cowed by the slightest hint of evil in the world, or the teeniest bit of assertion from within of one's own primal, human instincts for survival. What turns one such as he so far around against himself, against mankind, that he sees witihin his reflection something to be abhorred rather than gloried in? And this was in Christian Science Monitor? What is so Christian about giving in and refusing to stand against evil? How does such self-loathing fit into Christian beliefs? If "They" were all this weak-willed, there would be no contest at all.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    [And I have never been under any illusion that I would use my guns for *home protection.* Especially given that they are hunting rifles, not semi-automatic people killers, it would be a pointless exercise anyway. I can imagine the scene as I ask an assailant to wait while I finish loading my muzzleloader.]

Here he not only shows his naivete- he also aknowledges the fact that assailents won't offer time to load/reload. :dogkeke:

His wife must love the fact that he's announced to the world that he is unwilling to protect her because he can't stomach the idea of it. :rofl:

Last edited:

ckliebert

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This is the most foreign thought to me: " I will make my household a place into which anyone may walk, without fear of being killed..." I personally would like for my household to be a place of immense fear to any would-be attacker.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "I am not sure I can abide the similarity between my guns and those that have committed unspeakable atrocities." When did any gun (or other object) commit an "unspeakable atrocity"?
    But then again, I'm not convinced this is even a real story, and not just some made up BS that someone wanted to put out. In any case, if he wants to give HIS up, that's HIS decision, and HE can live with the results.

That thought crossed my mind, as well.

IF this is legit- that is one confused, indecisive mo-fo. :dogkeke:

This should make it easier to understand why they favor gun confiscation over concentrating on the issue of mental health....

.....they, themselves are nucking futs. :doh:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    What a weak-minded simp! It's actually kind of sad, though, to see someone who has so little control over their own life that a "bad feeling" dictates such a response. It must suck to be so pathetic, to be so weak as to be immediately cowed by the slightest hint of evil in the world, or the teeniest bit of assertion from within of one's own primal, human instincts for survival. What turns one such as he so far around against himself, against mankind, that he sees witihin his reflection something to be abhorred rather than gloried in? And this was in Christian Science Monitor? What is so Christian about giving in and refusing to stand against evil? How does such self-loathing fit into Christian beliefs? If "They" were all this weak-willed, there would be no contest at all.

VERY well said!

Top Bottom