Interesting artile about ammunition.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I already have next years training ammunition.

432.gif

:D

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Apparently the author is not aware of the powder shortage that all manufacturers are experiencing right now. It was explained to me that current pricing is legacy pricing for big box orders from a year or more ago that are just now being filled. Once the "new ammo comes out, there will be sticker shock as manufacturer's raise prices to account for brass and powder shortages.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I don't think it'll be a crash, but it'll be a return to normalcy more than anything.

The main driver of demand is the general increase in firearm enthusiasts. The prepper **** is still popular but will eventually wane. Production is at an all-time high but demand is coming down. Simple economics will see store shelves stocked and competition increasing, forcing prices down. This will trickle back to wholesale prices as dealers will be placing fewer orders despite manufacturers churning it out and distributors stocking up. Eventually we will see .22lr come back to .02/rd and 9mm at .10/rd. People who think prices will stay high forever simply don't have a grasp of fundamental economics and an understanding of a free-market capitalist society.

The next presidential election will either rekindle demand or flatten it out for the foreseeable future.

I haven't bought any significant quantities of ammo in years. I also haven't shot very much. I look forward to prices coming back down and that changing.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    That's what I'm waiting for to buy next years Training Ammo.

I hope this is the way it will be going down. I do not buy much factory stuff but do. And the more factory stuff that gets shot leaves used brass fir reloaders and range lead for sale.
    The cost of metal is way up so will wonder how far down it will go.
    I got a large pile of lead and lots of 5.56 Lc and PMC to reload 5.56 and make 300Blk brass. But the cost of used brass going down would make me get more.
    As crazy as it sounds lots of guys on Castboolits did very well with cast out of an AR. So I grabbed a mold way back when never tried it yet

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I don't think it'll be a crash, but it'll be a return to normalcy more than anything.

The main driver of demand is the general increase in firearm enthusiasts. The prepper **** is still popular but will eventually wane. Production is at an all-time high but demand is coming down. Simple economics will see store shelves stocked and competition increasing, forcing prices down. This will trickle back to wholesale prices as dealers will be placing fewer orders despite manufacturers churning it out and distributors stocking up. Eventually we will see .22lr come back to .02/rd and 9mm at .10/rd. People who think prices will stay high forever simply don't have a grasp of fundamental economics and an understanding of a free-market capitalist society.

If anyone ever finds any new quality American made 9mm ammunition for 10 cents a round I am down for at least 50,000 rounds.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    That will happen about the same time gasoline sells daily for $1 a gallon.

Gas was selling for in the low $1.00s as recently as 2008, right after topping $4.00 just the year before.

I don't expect gas or ammo to get cheap anytime soon, but it is a reasonable possibility over the next few years.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Gas was selling for in the low $1.00s as recently as 2008, right after topping $4.00 just the year before.

I don't expect gas or ammo to get cheap anytime soon, but it is a reasonable possibility over the next few years.

I have seen gas sell for 10 cents a gallon and cokes for 5 cents each but I never expect to see that again.
    I do not remember the $1 per gallon gas in 2008 either.

Top Bottom