Interesting observation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dustin-R

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Poppy cock.

People using the terms "Cop killer bullets" when referring to Black Talons or any cartridge that has Teflon on the bullet.

If someone is incorrect terminology, correct them.

:)

I was referring to this forum. People are so fast to correct someone about the "clip" crap , but turn around and use words that do not exist. If you are not gonna use the correct words and such you should NOT correct someone else. We do have spell check...I don't always use proper words so I am not gonna try to be the spelling police.:) I believe in this our small community of Bayou Shooter we all know what we mean when we are saying something and should not get ragged by someone for misspelling or using the wrong term.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I was referring to this forum. People are so fast to correct someone about the "clip" crap , but turn around and use words that do not exist.
    The clip vs magazine is not contained to BS.com. AR15, Glocktalk , etc. have these issues/spats every now and again.

What words do we use around here that don't exist ?:mamoru:
    If you are not educated enough to use the correct words and such you should NOT correct someone else. We do have spell check...I don't always use proper words so I am not gonna try to be the spelling police.:)
    No one is talking about being a grammar Nazi. A missed comma or placing an "a" instead of and "e" will not send people into a frenzy.

It's the mislabeling.

It's like calling a pistol grip a conventional stock.

Or not knowing what a barrel shroud is...:D
    [YOUTUBE]ospNRk2uM3U[/YOUTUBE]
    BTW: Usage of "clips" @ 0:20.

Last edited:

Dustin-R

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I understand your point...I like the video "CLIP" !!
    I'm just saying. I'm not gonna correct someone for saying animal cookie if I say animal cracker :rofl: I know people call them both. I just doesn't bother me to the point of correcting them. I know what they PROLLY (probably) mean..

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i like to just so i can post the funny picture.

ive never heard of a break action called a "crack barrel" before. is it a regional thing?

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    I understand your point...I like the video "CLIP" !!
    I'm just saying. I'm not gonna correct someone for saying animal cookie if I say animal cracker :rofl: I know people call them both. I just doesn't bother me to the point of correcting them. I know what they PROLLY (probably) mean..

Yeah but "animal crackers" are from Livingstone parish so you are getting it awwll wrong with that example :D

Yellah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Poppy cock.

People using the terms "Cop killer bullets" when referring to Black Talons or any cartridge that has Teflon on the bullet.

If someone is using incorrect terminology, correct them.

Clip and Magazine are not the same and it's incorrect to label them so.
    poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

For some reason that picture just makes me :rofl: I love random little things like that. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The "clips vs magazine" debate really doesn't bother me.

Now excuse me while I go practice with my Ruger Mini-14 Assault Rifle.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    That's what they call it in England, but I've never heard it called that on this side of the pond.

And I've never heard anyone say "crack barrel shotgun". Heard "break open" (use that one myself), but never "crack barrel".

A lot of the local "Cajuns" use the term "hose pipe" I've heard it for years. (DISCLAIMER..I'm half Cajun but don't use that term)

I've seen "crack barrel" on this very forum...........a lot.

m4a34u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Erath
    Hose Pipe

I had a friend from Cut Off who had a Lowes employee stumped for a 1/2 hour looking for a hose pipe!:mamoru: :mamoru:

That's funny sh*t!

In Erath, it's not "Shorts" it's "Short Pants" and it's not "Toast," it's "toast bread and butter."

To each it's own....

Top Bottom