Interesting "open carry" case.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    While it might've been a dumb move, I wholly support the guard's actions. Why?

In court, Walker testified that he had the authority to control access to the building and submitted copies of several county rules that allegedly gave him that right. He said he allowed residents carrying guns to enter the building because the county had not adopted the ordinance that would restrict guns from the county building and did not have gun lockers to store the guns yet.

Walker said when he stopped Fried at the door and asked him to leave the pitchfork outside, Fried asked "Why?" He testified that based on that response he didn't know what Fried might do and decided that he might be a threat.

In court documents, Walker "agreed that a pitchfork is a less dangerous weapon than a handgun depending on 'what they did with it.'"
    Walker said he was concerned about the county's liability under the Second Amendment if he prohibited people carrying guns from entering the building.

That guard understands that it's not about the tool, it's about the person holding it.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He said he allowed residents carrying guns to enter the building because the county had not adopted the ordinance that would restrict guns from the county building and did not have gun lockers to store the guns yet.

Hmm...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Interesting story, but since I got my CPP (Concealed Pitchfork Permit), I figured why give up the tactical advantage?

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    TACTICAL PITCHFORK!
    Tactical-Pitchfork.jpg
    I knew I had it for a reason.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, the tactical pitchfork was not mine :wtc:

Here is the current owner of it

Tactical-Pitchfork-Glenn-Beck-Animated.gif

Attachments

• Tactical-Pitchfork-Glenn-Beck-Animated.jpg
      Tactical-Pitchfork-Glenn-Beck-Animated.jpg
      13.5 KB · Views: 57
    Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The guy is a tool for trying to enter on some kind of principled stand, but isn't it interesting how government entities conveniently cover their tracks at the mere hint of liability for their actions, eg., censor videos of open public meetings, defame the defendent, add trumped up charges,etc?

Can everybody(particularly those in gov't), just take responsibility for the crap they pull? Just once!?!

SHEEESSSS!

Top Bottom