Iran Captures 10 US Sailors.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    US sailors held by Iran: What we know now Cox Media Group National Content Desk 36 minutes ago

The crew of two small Navy craft are being held by Iran, but American officials have received assurances from Tehran that the crew and vessels will be returned safely and promptly. Sources claim that 10 U.S. Navy sailors were taken into custody and are expected to be released.

What we know know:

Two Navy craft detained by Iran.

Ten sailors and two riverine boats were taken into Iranian custody Tuesday after their patrol boats drifted into Iranian claimed waters, according to the Navy Times. The 2 craft involved are reportedly riverine boats, which are small rigid-hull patrol boats used by both the U.S. Marines and U.S. Navy.

Nine men and one woman have been detained.

SkyNews is reporting that ten U.S. Navy sailors, nine men and a woman have been detained by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. The are reportedly being held on Farsi Island, off the coast of Iran in the Persian Gulf. The sailors were in Iranian custody for some time, but it's not certain where they are now.

Ships were en route to Bahrain from Kuwait.

Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook told The Associated Press that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when the U.S. lost contact with them.

Iran has assured U.S. that sailors are safe.

"We have been in contact with Iran and have received assurances that the crew and the vessels will be returned promptly," Cook said.

White House is seeking safe return of Navy personnel

The White House administration is working to resolve the situation according to Deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes.

Secretary of State John Kerry learned of the incident around 12:30pm ET

Kerry learned of the incident around 12:30 p.m. EST as he and Defense Secretary Ash Carter were meeting their Filipino counterparts at the State Department, the official said.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    We lift sanctions, allow the pursuit of nuclear energy and they openly capture 10 soldiers. Our government is full of jackals and jack - asses. It's not just the corrupt OB1. It's all of them

svilardo_85

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    MANDEVILLE
    Good to hear they were released
    Wounder if they did it out the kindness of there heart
    Or.....
    Obama had a hand in it..........
    Guess we will hear soon enuff.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    They also released the video... I'm in for answers. This is far too embarrassing to brush off.

Our systems are redundant, was it ever cleared up whether the boats were off course due to navi issues or both boats became disabled???
    Why/when were comms lost with fleet/command??? Jammed? Was contact lost simply because they couldn't use the radio after capture or prior to?

Did any of the sailors release more info than Name Rank Serial?

The video just ticked me off guys.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    They also released the video... I'm in for answers. This is far too embarrassing to brush off.

Our systems are redundant, was it ever cleared up whether the boats were off course due to navi issues or both boats became disabled???
    Why/when were comms lost with fleet/command??? Jammed? Was contact lost simply because they couldn't use the radio after capture or prior to?

Did any of the sailors release more info than Name Rank Serial?

The video just ticked me off guys.

Agreed the whole thing smells.

I have known a few Marine combat mechanics who worked on blackhawks, and I believe if its going to be captured it has to be "disabled". I would hazard a guess that the Navy plays by the same rules on these gun boats. I seriously doubt the nav failed. They were either in international water and this is a provocation or they were doing their job and couldn't get out clean. Or something else is in play here.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Agreed the whole thing smells.

I have known a few Marine combat mechanics who worked on blackhawks, and I believe if its going to be captured it has to be "disabled". I would hazard a guess that the Navy plays by the same rules on these gun boats. I seriously doubt the nav failed. They were either in international water and this is a provocation or they were doing their job and couldn't get out clean. Or something else is in play here.

Which is the reason missions are performed in pairs. Redundancy saves lives.
    Ill be honest, looking at the kneeling photo, their body language doesn't make me feel they are anything other than your normal service members. No SpecOps. IMHO... I could be 100% wrong.

PS, how can I get one of these boats to red fish from?

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    There is no designation as "marine combat mechanic" and the marines do not operate uh-60 black hawks, the army and air force do. Certain sensitive systems and equipment are supposed to be destroyed or disabled before being captured. It seems like most of this incident occurred under orders from higher, and then later on things took their course when the situation went south. By the looks of the videos and photos, the navy would have held the upper hand in any armed confrontation. It all stinks.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    There is no designation as "marine combat mechanic" and the marines do not operate uh-60 black hawks, the army and air force do. Certain sensitive systems and equipment are supposed to be destroyed or disabled before being captured. It seems like most of this incident occurred under orders from higher, and then later on things took their course when the situation went south. By the looks of the videos and photos, the navy would have held the upper hand in any armed confrontation. It all stinks.

Mia copa mia copa. No one wants their job title dicked up. I guess my memory aint what it used to be. One guy I know was on deployment around 05-06 time frame. Im not sure it makes a differnce of which bird he worked on. I guess really all I can truely remember was when I asked him to explain to me what he did. He said "I fly in and I fix it or blow it up".

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom