Is anyone looking at Rob Maness for the Senate race?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I'm liking the guy. I'm following him in social media and am agreeing with his positions. He's running for Landrieu's seat, against the party favorite and Landrieu.

Just wondering if anyone else here has even heard of him. If you haven't, you might want to check him out. I don't want to post any links or anything, I'm not sure on how the site admins feel about that.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Yes. I went to a political rally/dinner for him at my grandfathers place on the diversion. Nice guy. Veteran I believe.
    Retired Air Force Colonel. Pilot, although I'm not sure what he flew, not that it matters to me. Granted, I'm biased, but I prefer my political representatives to be veterans. That doesn't mean non vets are out of the ball park, just I prefer vets in general.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I believe he is a quality guy from what I've read but at best I believe he can only help Landrieu. He does not have a realistic chance to win and I'm pretty sure he won't be stealing any votes from Mary Landfill. If anything he'll steal votes from Cassidy but I'm not sure if he will have any real impact at the jungle. Probably gonna be Landrieu and Cassidy in the runoff.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    IIRC, He was on Walton and Johnson about a year ago. Seemed like a great choice at the time just based on the interview. The concern is that he's getting a late start. I hadn't heard anything up until a few weeks ago. Bill Cassidy has a lot more name recognition at this point.
    The real question right now is how do we get rid of Mary Landrieu. I have no real problem with Bill Cassidy though I might prefer Maness.

Thoughts:
    Cassidy: Having a physician fighting Obamacare might be handy. OTOH, he's not as conservative as I'd like. I also don't know how 2A friendly he is either...

Landrieu: A lot of people are going to vote for her just because of what she can do for LA in the Senate. The dems owe her a lot of favors and she's on the energy committee, which is good for LA.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    What Landrieu can and will do seem to be very different things nowadays. Seems like she's just another party man now. Anyone who believes anything she says should seriously have an iq test.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Rob Maness was at the annual LSA meeting at Cabelas a couple of months ago. He did some campaigning from the podium and took questions. David Vitter was also there. Bill Cassidy was at our 2013 meeting when he was still considering running for the Senate seat. I guess meeting upcoming candidates and getting information about them first hand is another perk to the LSA meetings...just sayin.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Maness is definitely the most conservative of the 3 names; Cassidy is trying to run as a conservative, but is still a "big government" Republican (but is still better than Landrieu).

My plan is to vote for Maness in the initial election and if he doesn't make the runoff, to vote for Cassidy in the runoff.

We must stop choosing not to vote for the guy we really want in office because we don't think he will get enough votes to win - that is a self-fulfilling prophesy. Vote for the guy/gal you want in the first election (any vote other than for Landrieu will keep her from getting to the 50% margin needed to win the first election), then vote for best of the rest if your 1st choice doesn't make it any further.

my 2 cents.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I'm probably voting Maness even though the media and establishment Republicans are lock step telling me he has no chance. We'll see.
    I met Cassidy at a dinner and he talks real good but looks like a politician with a $300 haircut and his voting record and past support of Katrina Mary leave something to be desired. I even gave him some money but that was when it was just him and her - and ANYBODY is better than "her".
    But Maness needs very careful vetting - we need to see where the big money is coming from.

Last edited:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Maness is definitely the most conservative of the 3 names; Cassidy is trying to run as a conservative, but is still a "big government" Republican (but is still better than Landrieu).

My plan is to vote for Maness in the initial election and if he doesn't make the runoff, to vote for Cassidy in the runoff.

We must stop choosing not to vote for the guy we really want in office because we don't think he will get enough votes to win - that is a self-fulfilling prophesy. Vote for the guy/gal you want in the first election (any vote other than for Landrieu will keep her from getting to the 50% margin needed to win the first election), then vote for best of the rest if your 1st choice doesn't make it any further.

my 2 cents.

^^^this^^^

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

my 2 cents.

^^^this^^^

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes! Both of you are correct! Look closely at his qualifications and credentials. If he best represents your views, you most assuredly must vote for him. It's the match point we cannot lose! ;)

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Rob Maness was at the annual LSA meeting at Cabelas a couple of months ago. He did some campaigning from the podium and took questions. David Vitter was also there. Bill Cassidy was at our 2013 meeting when he was still considering running for the Senate seat. I guess meeting upcoming candidates and getting information about them first hand is another perk to the LSA meetings...just sayin.

They come to us now. We must be doing something right.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Well, seems the TEA Party knocked down Eric Cantor. This is giving me some hope with Maness. Folks, if you like the guy, get out there and tell people about him. My primary reason to back him is that I'm in agreement with him, right down the line on most everything. I'm not as actively religious as he is, but I don't vote on someone's faith.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well, seems the TEA Party knocked down Eric Cantor. This is giving me some hope with Maness. Folks, if you like the guy, get out there and tell people about him. My primary reason to back him is that I'm in agreement with him, right down the line on most everything. I'm not as actively religious as he is, but I don't vote on someone's faith.

Cantor's loss is almost unbelievable! I hesitate to see a full blown Tea Party resurgence only because the other Tea Party candidates yesterday didn't fare as well; and they had the same message. But you must follow your conscience. Who ever emerges in the Primary needs to be supported against this phony chameleon Landrieu.

What gives me hope, is that a powerful 20 year career politician and current "Majority Leader" was thrown to the curb because he took his constituents for granted. That is a trend I can get behind.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    I'm voting Maness even though the media and establishment Republicans are lock step telling me he has no chance. We'll see.
    I met Cassidy at a dinner and he talks real good but looks like a politician with a $300 haircut and his voting record and past support of Katrina Mary are definite turn offs. I even gave him some money but that was when it was just him and her - and ANYBODY is better than "her".

If they want someone else, that is even more reason to vote for him.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    After looking into Maness, I support his positions. However, and I hate to sound like big party GOP guy because I'm not, what are his realistic chances of winning against Landrieu in a runoff? I think Cassidy has a realistic chance of beating her this time around, but like others have said, he's not quite perfect. I'd *much* rather him than Landrieu, though.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    After looking into Maness, I support his positions. However, and I hate to sound like big party GOP guy because I'm not, what are his realistic chances of winning against Landrieu in a runoff? I think Cassidy has a realistic chance of beating her this time around, but like others have said, he's not quite perfect. I'd *much* rather him than Landrieu, though.

The flaw in your logic is assuming that if Maness beats Cassidy in the Primary, those who voted for Cassidy won't show up to help oust the bigger loser; which is Landrieu. Unlike the last Presidential election, you will have stark differences between the final contenders.

This phony Landrieu cannot hide from her record! She has kissed the pretenders ass more than White House toilet paper.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The flaw in your logic is assuming that if Maness beats Cassidy in the Primary, those who voted for Cassidy won't show up to help oust the bigger loser; which is Landrieu. Unlike the last Presidential election, you will have stark differences between the final contenders.

This phony Landrieu cannot hide from her record! She has kissed the pretenders ass more than White House toilet paper.

That is my hope.

Top Bottom