Is it legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    My daughter who will be turning 18 years young next month will be attending school in Lafayette. She will be living in an off campus apartment. Is it legal for her to have a pistol in her vehicle or in her apartment?

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Interesting provision in Louisiana law: RS 14:95.8

§95.8. Illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile

A. It is unlawful for any person who has not attained the age of seventeen years knowingly to possess any handgun on his person. Any person possessing any handgun in violation of this Section commits the offense of illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile.
    C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to any person under the age of seventeen years who is:
    (7) Possessing a handgun with the written permission of such person's parent or legal guardian; provided that such person carries on his person a copy of such written permission.

So, a parental note actually allows a minor to possess a handgun in LA!

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. I am not even an I-Lawyer.

L

Louisiana Shooter

Interesting provision in Louisiana law: RS 14:95.8

§95.8. Illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile

A. It is unlawful for any person who has not attained the age of seventeen years knowingly to possess any handgun on his person. Any person possessing any handgun in violation of this Section commits the offense of illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile.
    C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to any person under the age of seventeen years who is:
    (7) Possessing a handgun with the written permission of such person's parent or legal guardian; provided that such person carries on his person a copy of such written permission.

So, a parental note actually allows a minor to possess a handgun in LA!

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. I am not even an I-Lawyer.

That's what I love about Louisiana, we have a loop hole for everything!

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    YES! I ask this question a few weeks back....Now I carry my CZ 9mm with me when im around my apartment and either have it in my truck or safe when im not in my apartment.

Edit: hopefully by the time i turn get my CCW I will be able to carry on campus as well. ecpesially for night classes.

Top Bottom