Is it possible to have the sponsor logos removed...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    ...from the search page and added to the main page? It gets aggravating having to wait for all that crap to load, especially when you're on a slow connection. You go to click on a link and then it jumps down and you end up accidentally clicking a sponsor link instead of the thread you are trying to view.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Plus the bad thing is if sponsors are charged for click throughs or views of their links through this site it is skewed because it was accidentally clicked.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    May 18, 2009
    This is a joke, right?

spon-sor (noun): a person, firm, organization, etc., that finances and buys the time to broadcast a radio or television program so as to advertise a product, a political party, etc.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I make TV Commercials and other forms of advertising for a living and am a sponsor on this board. If someone is tech savvy enough to block commercials then they are probably savvy enough to not buy products they don't need off of TV or the internet. I could care less. It's almost 2010. Commercials and banner advertising are becoming a thing of the past.

The future is advertising that is integrated seamlessly through clever product placement (see Conan O'Brians show for great examples of this).

Disclaimer: I block the ads here at work not because I don't want to see the sponsors but because I don't want some of my clients seeing the sponsors. I have had a few see gun logos and start asking a bunch of questions I don't want to get into with some people.

Last edited:

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    This is a joke, right?

spon-sor (noun): a person, firm, organization, etc., that finances and buys the time to broadcast a radio or television program so as to advertise a product, a political party, etc.

I guess some didn't understand. I said remove it from the SEARCH page and ADD it to the MAIN page.

Thank you Teddy for the help.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Sponsor logos / ads should be cached by your browser the first time that you load them.

vBulletin is dynamic in that the pages are created on the fly. The page has to call for those images before they are loaded. Doesn't matter that they are cached.

jbonnette

Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    vBulletin is dynamic in that the pages are created on the fly. The page has to call for those images before they are loaded. Doesn't matter that they are cached.

It doesn't matter if the webpage is dynamically generated or not... resources including images, css, javascript, etc. are cached by the browser except in specific circumstances (you changed the caching options, a no cache directive was embedded in the page, or you are running a mobile browser that doesn't cache).

vongolden.net

Got You Covered
    Sep 15, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    I have 4 computers 3 on wireless & all pick-up fine (not slow)
    I have cable granted like most who surf the net alot!

try defragmenting your comp it might help!

I dont wear a pocket protector

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

It dynamically creates the coding, not the images.

The ads are not moving. They are placed there for a reason. I have been thinking about making them smaller (vertically) but they will stay on the search page.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    It dynamically creates the coding, not the images.

The ads are not moving. They are placed there for a reason. I have been thinking about making them smaller (vertically) but they will stay on the search page.

I understand that the coding is dynamically created. That means it still has to call for the images EVERY time the page is created(not saying that the images are NOT cached, just that the page has to call for them which creates a slower loading page). I've been doing dynamic web pages for a few years now, even though the created page calls for a certain header or footer it is still dynamic. If it was regular HTML the PC would have the cached HTML along with image content and it should just pop on the page, not load.

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I didn't make this but thanks to whoever did.

:o

dsikp6wqbpzuqdjlqu.jpg

jbonnette

Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Again, the images are cached... see the image below. I'm guessing you're talking about the time it takes your computer to render those images from the cache... If your computer is too slow to render those tiny images... time to upgrade. It seriously takes about a second and a half to load the whole page for me.

If you're talking about the time it takes to determine whether images are cached or not, we're talking hundredths of a second.

dsikp6wqbpzuqdjlqu.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom