Is there a not-so-hidden message in this commercial??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have to ask: Is KIA making a "hood rat" joke with this commercial???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs[/ame]

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I think it's funny that they're obviously making fun of the Scion xB (the "toaster") which has both been WILDLY successful and the basis for Kia making their own toaster.

As far as the hood-rat thing goes... remember guys, "gangsta" = "cool". We've come a long way from having doctors, lawyers, researchers, etc. as our role models.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Thats pretty bad ass IMO, original and fun to atract a younger crowd, at some point I actually considered purchasing a SCION XB when they had just came out in the market to commute back and fort to work, not much need of power when you have set speed limits on the hwy and leave the power machine for weekends only.

Just wish vehicles like this would be cheaper, I am sure it cost almost nothing to make them. There are suppose to be a few new vehicles comming out next year NEW in the $9000 range and India was trying to get their vehicle aprooved which was suppose to hit the US market in the $6500 range NEW. I know they are not quality vehicles and have no luxury or resale value but if their customer service is good and their warranties are A+ they could be a great option as a second or third vehicle.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wait, there hamsters not rats right? Anyway, I like the song. They should have used black sheep instead of hamsters though.

Yeah- they're supposed to be giant hamsters. But they still look like rats.:rofl: The drummer is the funniest part, to me...

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    They must have gotten the same Ad agency that handles McDonalds......:crazy:

I must not be the target of such ads because I know that thing would never pull my camp trailer.:p

Be good guys.
    Al

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Actually, the use of Hamsters is pretty funny in that they are advertising a small 4 cylinder import in which there has always been a joke about hamsters being used as a means of propulsion in these cars. :D

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Whatever the case is,it's a great promo. The song is ultra cool. I don't dislike any form of music. There's good and bad in any genre,and this rap song is cool. As a pro musician I keep an open mind to many forms of art...even rap is an art.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Whatever the case is,it's a great promo. The song is ultra cool. I don't dislike any form of music. There's good and bad in any genre,and this rap song is cool. As a pro musician I keep an open mind to many forms of art...even rap is an art.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fVQ3i90zg&feature=related[/ame]

You can recognize the intro from a mile a way.

Top Bottom