Is this grounds to pull your ccw and fire back? Curious situation.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    http://www.wafb.com/story/29135006/police-search-for-trio-driving-around-shooting-people-with-bb-gun
    AFAYETTE, LA (WAFB) - Police are looking for a group of suspects going around shooting people with a pellet or BB gun, which resulted in one victim going to the hospital.
    The Lafayette Police Department reported it received seven calls Thursday night and early Friday morning about victims being shot with a pellet or BB.
    One victim was taken to the hospital because the object entered the chest area. The other victims suffered only minor injuries.
    Police said they responded to calls from just before 10 p.m. until 1:20 a.m. The shootings happened on East Clinton Street, Jefferson Boulevard, Cora Street, Cameron Street, East Pinhook Road, Louisiana Avenue and Johnston Street.
    The suspects are described as three young black men in a silver or white sport utility vehicle, possibly a Jeep Cherokee.
    Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 337-232-8477.
    Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Taking stupid to the next level.

This could end badly- or humorously- depending on one's point of view. :p

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can see someone legally shooting them.

Definitely!

To give my opinion to the OP. If someone raises a gun at me from a vehicle, regardless of whether it is actually a BB gun or pellet gun, and I am able to react; I am getting off of the X and returning fire as I run for cover. The aiming of a gun on anyone has got to be perceived as a serious life threatening moment by any DA, and in any courtroom. Just ask all of the people that are shot and killed in drive by's. Oh, sorry. They are dead now!

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Sounds like dumb kids doing dumb ****.... They probably need a thick belt across their back ends like their daddy's should have done years ago.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Unfortunately, it's seems that "style" of parenting isn't P.C.
    Also could land you in hot water with authorities these days.

It's a sad world we live in. I know some of those Come to Jesus meetings between me and my old man made be a better person. We all make mistakes, and a size 36 belt seemed to teach a great lesson back then!

As far as the legalities of shooting them; I side with Emperor. Someone points a gun at me, I'm not taking the time to see if it's a BB gun or a deer rifle. I'm moving and shooting.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As to the OP question, absolutely.
    Who would know it's a pellet gun, BB gun or soft air gun under those or any other circumstances is beyond me. And whoever would NOT scramble for cover in that instant will wind up a Darwinian statistic sooner or later. After diving to suitable cover, if the threat still exists, then by all means, return fire.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    A male shot my cousin through a kitchen window, in her head. I was young and I do not remember exactly what injury it sustained. She had to be rushed to the hospital. I do remember that the doctor said she almost lost her life. She did have to attend rehabilitation therapy.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Just like any other weapon, a well placed shot could be deadly. Bunch of idiots, hopefully they get caught before someone shoots them and has their life ruined by shooting a poor, innocent, always been a good boy type and has their name and face dragged across every media outlet in the country.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This thread reminds me of that carload of teens shooting paintballs at people years ago. The video made me sick. And the area they were in, it's a wonder somebody didn't shoot the lot of them.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Even if you know it's "just a pellet gun":
    My foster grandson was shot in the chest with "just a pellet gun". Two holes in one lung (which collapsed), bounced off a rib and made 2 more holes in the heart. (Had open heart surgery at 16 yoa and is now playing college ball.) I'll defend myself against anybody pointing ANYTHING looking like a weapon at me and worry about the paperwork later.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I wouldn't wait to find out what caliber or propellant type of any weapon being pointed at myself or my family. A weapon is a weapon.
    I'm not sure last time you looked at the FPS on a pellet gun, but some of them get pretty serious.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    seldom is there ever one perfect answer for all what-ifs - but lucky us, there IS one for when to draw your ccw and fire.

Was your life in danger?

Y - shoot, sort rest out later.
    N - don't.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    seldom is there ever one perfect answer for all what-ifs - but lucky us, there IS one for when to draw your ccw and fire.

Was your life in danger or was your body exposed to the threat of grievous bodily injury (such as losing an eye)?

Y - shoot, sort rest out later.
    N - don't.

Fixed.

Top Bottom