Israeli IWI TAVOR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Anyone had any news who may be carring the IWI Tavor? They were suppose to start shipping these to distributors 3/18/13. MSRP is $1,999.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Davidsons, RSR there are a ton of them supposed to be carrying them. I am waiting for the FDE 18" model myself. THe only gun that I would sell my DD M4 for...

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    What does it bring to the table, functionally?

For me it brings SBR OAL with a 16.5 or 18" barrel. Full ambidextrious operation, takes all mags except the drums, has battle proven reliability (same rifle IDF using currently and has for many years, just semi only), better balanced, simple take down and design is not overly complex.

I love my DD M4, but I'd ditch it in a heartbeat for the FDE 18" version of the tavor, and will get one the minute they become available.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    My email that I received when I enquired about the availibility of the Tavor.

Thank you for your email.

The 16.5" barrel variants of the TAVOR SAR are going out first, with the 18" versions following shortly. The 9mm conversion kit's MSRP is $899.00

To Order please have a FFL dealer contact any of the following wholesale distributors: Amchar Wholesale, Inc., Bangers LP, Bill Hicks & Co., Ltd, Camfour, LLC, CDNN Sports, Inc., Cope's Distributing, Inc., Davidson's, Inc., Ellett Brothers, Inc., Hick's, Inc., Jerry's Sport Center, Inc., Lipsey's LLC, Ron Shirk's Shooter Supply, RSR Group, Inc., and Zanders Sporting Goods, Inc.

Sincerely,

Cole Dietrich
    Customer Service Representative

IWI US, Inc.
    P. O. Box 126707
    Harrisburg, PA 17112

T: +1 (717) 695-2081
    F: +1 (717) 412-0873
    E: coled@iwi.us
    W: www.iwi.us

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    Jim's had one on Monday.

I personally did not like the way it felt at all: to me it didn't feel solid like an aug. It was relatively light and looked to have ambidextrous controls (either on the bottom or reversible.) It needs an optic as the factory flip-up sights are very poor. Action was smooth though.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I pre-ordered my FDE 16.5" from Puglias a week ago. MSRP is $1,999 but they said it would be sold for $1,899. IWI should not have it out yet, so I don't know what Jims had in stock. If it was a TAVOR then I wonder how they got their hands on it before anyone. I do hope it comes out soon.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    They started shipping a week or two ago, in black. Not sure which variants, or if all black variants.

They are in their "new gun" price range right now, like the Kel Tec shotgun was most recently shown as being exploited by small quantities and high demand.

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    I pre-ordered my FDE 16.5" from Puglias a week ago. MSRP is $1,999 but they said it would be sold for $1,899. IWI should not have it out yet, so I don't know what Jims had in stock. If it was a TAVOR then I wonder how they got their hands on it before anyone. I do hope it comes out soon.

High volume dealers always get the good allocations first.

Looks like the ones on GB are going north of $2600

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    My brother has the black version and just got his 15yr old daughter the FDE version for her birthday. We're supposed to take them out to Honey Island sometime soon probably next weekend if the weather is good. They are available - he got both of them off of Gunbroker I believe.

Here she his holding his before she got hers for her birthday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367460029.974891.jpg

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Lucky girl! Please give us a rundown once you spend some time at the range with it. I bet your brother paid a premium off of gunbroker.

Top Bottom