It has begun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim and Islam is not a religion of peace.

I've known TONS of moderate Muslims. Hell, I've known Muslims who didn't even practice anymore. You ever heard of a Christmas Catholic? a RINO? There is no way you can say anything with certainty, but you seem to know that there are NO moderate Muslims. There can't be. That wouldn't make sense...

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I do not see any rhyme or reason why those women-bashing, Jihad supporting Muslims can't do the same :squint:

So because they are Mulsim they support the Jihad and are now terrorists? Odd, I didn't see that in the statement. You must have met some of the Somalis, right? What? No. Well, then you obviously read that story where they said they support the Jihad. You didn't...hmmm..OH! It must be a generalization, again! That makes more sense now.

Look, every one of you that follows the new AND old testament to a 'T', and I mean follow every single bit of it word for word, have never deviated from said words and live their life as it is written to be lived per the Bible; well, you go ahead and generalize all you want. You've earned it. To the others; if you don't do the above - why do you think that EVERY single Muslim does? I mean, if you have these "failings", why can't a Muslim? Are they so incorruptible in their religious belief that none of them can slack? If you don't follow the Bible perfectly, that's what you are doing. So it would be more correct to say that the averages are about the same, right? See where I'm going with this.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    So because they are Mulsim they support the Jihad and are now terrorists? Odd, I didn't see that in the statement. You must have met some of the Somalis, right? What? No. Well, then you obviously read that story where they said they support the Jihad. You didn't...hmmm..OH! It must be a generalization, again! That makes more sense now.

Look, every one of you that follows the new AND old testament to a 'T', and I mean follow every single bit of it word for word, have never deviated from said words and live their life as it is written to be lived per the Bible; well, you go ahead and generalize all you want. You've earned it. To the others; if you don't do the above - why do you think that EVERY single Muslim does? I mean, if you have these "failings", why can't a Muslim? Are they so incorruptible in their religious belief that none of them can slack? If you don't follow the Bible perfectly, that's what you are doing. So it would be more correct to say that the averages are about the same, right? See where I'm going with this.

Yea I see where you're going. You're defending the muslims who want to change the traditional holidays of this country to refelect the ones of theirs.

They must not be that moderate. :squint:

That's a weak ass argument and doesn't change the fundamentals of the religion that the somalis are pushing at the tyson plant.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Yea I see where you're going. You're defending the muslims who want to change the traditional holidays of this country to refelect the ones of theirs.

They must not be that moderate. :squint:

You're looking the wrong direction. I'm saying that the majority of the people at that plant are Muslim. They fought for a day off. Like I said, I don't agree with them changing labor day. I agree with a floating holiday like Mardi Gras. I don't see anyone here bitching that they have to be off for that day. Go past Mobile and you won't see that floating holiday. Why, because the majority of the people here celebrate Mardi Gras.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    All of you tolerant types: google the beheading of daniel pearl or any of the other journalists. Watch the video and dont exit it. Report back.

Tell me exactly how peaceful and loving those types of people are while killing the infidels with their 'blessed right hands' *quoted from khalid sheikh mohammed* (with a hunting knife, think squealing pig with gurgling noises) and yelling death to the indidels. Is that too graphic?

**** 'em
    **** Tyson

:squint:

I saw that video. I went from sick to rage very quickly. When American expatriots live and work in Foreign countries we abide by their laws/customs. I could see an American woman driving in Saudi Arabia and when caught informing the officer she drives in the USA so screw them. Can you say "Go straight to Jail" If you don't like American holidays or our laws or our customs. Stay the where you are. No one is forcing folks to come here to work.

To change the subject there was a segment on 60 minutes on Somali immigrants researching which cities have the best welfare payments and it was a county in Maine. You should have seen how pissed the residents were. The Somali's come in get on welfare and look for stuff to steal. They filmed them walking the streets and sitting on their porches doing nothing. Thank you stupid dumbass American taxpayers.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I wonder if this is the same attitude that the people 50 years ago thought when my family came to America. Those stupid Sicilians wanting their customs (St. Joseph's Day). I wonder how it was when all our our ancestors did that. And before you say that all the Somalis are just trying to get by on welfare, remember, the ones were debating are all working and are legal.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    So what if im 18?

We actually learn things in school these days, sorry if you feel like you are superior simply because you are older. Yea i will show you respect due to your age,however i will not accept all your beliefs as truth.

If your not going to have a decent discussion, and are only going to throw one liners that will get this conversation no where. Please Shut the hell up.

Please understand that no one here is too worried by your comments. We all understand that some people need more time than others to gain maturity. You'll get there - don't give up.

In the meantime, please keep posting. I think your comments are hilarious. It's always a treat to see what the adolescents are thinking.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I wonder if this is the same attitude that the people 50 years ago thought when my family came to America. Those stupid Sicilians wanting their customs (St. Joseph's Day). I wonder how it was when all our our ancestors did that. And before you say that all the Somalis are just trying to get by on welfare, remember, the ones were debating are all working and are legal.

I'm not saying all Somali's are trying to get on welfare and I never implied or used the word STUPID to describe immigrants in any of my posts. People in other countries celebrate holidays other than ours. Does this mean American employers should accomodate every immigrant? The Nigerians, Saudi's, Germans, Mexicans, Budists, Wiccans, Satanists, etc. See where this is going. Where would it end? If they want their holiday off take a day of vacation. They took away an American holiday and punished their American employees by forcing them to take a holiday that is not theirs. This is just wrong.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Well after reading the posts so far as a union member I am pissed off about the switch and may Tyson burn in hell for their decision. Contract negotations my ass. If I wanted to have a Christian holiday as a paid day off their would be 8 way of holy hell raised from CAIR and other America hating groups and the LORD BARACK OBAMA (secret muslim).
    :rofl:

All I can say about our 18 year old member is that I do remember being 18 and completly stupid myself, but I NEVER HATED MY COUNTRY!!!

And do not start the crap line about how you say these things because you love this country. I have never met anyone that has your feelings and opinions that truly loves this country and I wish all of you would kindly leave it so the rest of us can enjoy it and you can enjoy your country yourselves.

America and Christianity are not perfect, but it is better that what else is out there.

electrode 1998

p.s. no more tyson products for my family!!!!!

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Wow!
    This thread has everything!
    War, religion, history, politics, and drama!

It also has ignorance, hate, and a dose of tin hat paranoia thrown in for good measure!

I want to believe that there are non-militant muslims in this world.
    And if there are, I wish they'd speak up and condemn the violence and killing.
    When Jim Jones went nuts priests and ministers lined up to denounce him.
    When David Koresh went bonkers, again the Christian clergy was quick to condenmn him.
    All I want to see is some inmans or clerics do the same!

As far as Tyson is concerned, it seems to me that this country is bending over backwards to kowtow to the muslims.
    We've seen the ACLU sue in federal court to have the Ten Commandments removed from a courthouse.
    Where are they when a school plans to put in foot washing stations for muslims?

If it is good enough for Islam, it's good enough for Christianity!

As far as Tyson's holiday policy goes, boycott sounds good if you don't approve.

And while we are throwing links around, have a look at this!:

http://www.tyson.com/Recipes/Product/PorkProducts.aspx

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    If you check to see which groups have the lowest percentage of voter turnout , and which ones have the highest , you will understand why our society has begun this paradigm shift . Simply put , votes equal power . And some people will literaly sell their souls for votes .

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Well after reading the posts so far as a union member I am pissed off about the switch and may Tyson burn in hell for their decision. Contract negotations my ass. If I wanted to have a Christian holiday as a paid day off their would be 8 way of holy hell raised from CAIR and other America hating groups and the LORD BARACK OBAMA (secret muslim).
    :rofl:

You have a TON of Christian holidays off.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Wow!
    This thread has everything!
    War, religion, history, politics, and drama!

It also has ignorance, hate, and a dose of tin hat paranoia thrown in for good measure!

I want to believe that there are non-militant muslims in this world.
    And if there are, I wish they'd speak up and condemn the violence and killing.
    When Jim Jones went nuts priests and ministers lined up to denounce him.
    When David Koresh went bonkers, again the Christian clergy was quick to condenmn him.
    All I want to see is some inmans or clerics do the same!

Here you go! The whole Christian community did not stand up and voice their opinion, so keep that in mind in these posts (I figure someone would say that not enough protested...):

http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
    (I have not read all of these and do not ascribe to their teachings. From the few I read, they were Muslim religious leaders denouncing violent Muslims).

As far as Tyson is concerned, it seems to me that this country is bending over backwards to kowtow to the muslims.
    We've seen the ACLU sue in federal court to have the Ten Commandments removed from a courthouse.
    Where are they when a school plans to put in foot washing stations for muslims?

If it is good enough for Islam, it's good enough for Christianity!

The ACLU has backed Christians many, many times. The hard core right just doesn't want to recognize that work. They are fine when they get backed by the ACLU, but if it isn't on the hard core Christian rights agenda, they denounce the ACLU. Well, that's fine. You can have that opinion. But it's a tad hypocritical, don't you think?

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

And on that note, I've said my peace in this thread.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The problem isn't that the Muslim's want their holiday off. I don't even have a problem with Tyson giving them a religious holiday off since it represents the majority of their workers. BUT WHAT IDIOT AT TYSON AGREED TO SWAP AN AMERICAN HOLIDAY FOR A MUSLIM ONE?!? That should never have even approached the bargaining table. They could have let them all use a vacation day, called it a maintanance day, let them swap it for Christmas even, no problem.
    I do have a problem with Muslim's though. The Koran says they should lie to infidels (us) and kill us if we don't convert. That's not a religion of peace and love. They are taking over sections of France and making inroads into England and Spain. Unlike other legal immigrants they do not believe in assimilating into their new culture. They move in, take over, and try to institute Sharia(sp) law. Not all Muslims are terrorist. But they fund terrorist. They paid for the pilots to take flying lessons indirectly. How many cheered when the planes hit the tower? I know a couple that are former Muslims that are now Catholic. They fled their former home in the middle of the night so that they wouldn't be killed in the street. That's not the religion of peace and love!
    Don't get me wrong, the Catholic church has its faults also. To be honest I have a problem with any large scale (in a global sense) organized religion... too much money, too much power, too much corruption.

Last edited by a moderator:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Wow, im surprised at most of you.

I dont see it as a big deal. If that many muslims are working there, why not accommodate them?

My best friend is Islamic, seriously, it not that big of a deal.

"Your kidding right?I dont care if its 700 muslims or 700 mexicans if it was that important they should have just added another paid holiday.You do know what would happen to you if you tried to replace one of there holidays with one of ours over there."

Theyd be doing the same thing your doing, get pissed off.

What are you all so scared of?
    We all bleed red. We all want the same thing, freedom. Our views of freedom may be different, who cares?

Ill support Palestine over Israel anyday.

I think the point is that they removed Labor day. Why not, as penguin suggested, make it floating or at least give the workers a choice?

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    The problem isn't that the Muslim's want their holiday off. I don't even have a problem with Tyson giving them a religious holiday off since it represents the majority of their workers. BUT WHAT IDIOT AT TYSON AGREED TO SWAP AN AMERICAN HOLIDAY FOR A MUSLIM ONE?!? That should never have even approached the bargaining table. They could have let them all use a vacation day, called it a maintanance day, let them swap it for Christmas even, no problem.
    I do have a problem with Muslim's though. The Koran says they should lie to infidels (us) and kill us if we don't convert. That's not a religion of peace and love. They are taking over sections of France and making inroads into England and Spain. Unlike other legal immigrants they do not believe in assimilating into their new culture. They move in, take over, and try to institute Sharia(sp) law. Not all Muslims are terrorist. But they fund terrorist. They paid for the pilots to take flying lessons indirectly. How many cheered when the planes hit the tower? I know a couple that are former Muslims that are now Catholic. They fled their former home in the middle of the night so that they wouldn't be killed in the street. That's not the religion of peace and love!
    Don't get me wrong, the Catholic church has its faults also. To be honest I have a problem with any large scale (in a global sense) organized religion... too much money, too much power, too much corruption.

Amen.

I agree with almost everything you have said.

Do you honestly believe that all muslims are plotting against America?

Yea there are some who are plotting and such, but the family i know is a great family that does not belive in killing infidels anymore then the average christian believes in this "and serve other gods,’ ... it is your duty to ... put the inhabitants of that town to the sword; you must lay it under the curse of destruction -- the town and everything in it" (Deuteronomy 13: 12-16)

You guys are making me seem like i hate america or something simply because i dont feel i should participate in the three minutes hate.

I bet many of you would think better of me if i would have posted a mere thoughtless comment like "damn those muslims they can go **** their forty virgins!"

I dont hate america, if i did i would be posting in Democraticunderground.com lol

I just simply refuse to believe that muslims are evil.

There are evil people in every category, i dont allow a handful of people to represent an entire religion, culture, country,race.

We can agree to disagree, we both have the right to believe in what we want. And that is because we are tolerant of each others opinions.

The scary islamic radicals, are intolerant.
    Dont let them turn you into one of their own.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I think the point is that they removed Labor day. Why not, as penguin suggested, make it floating or at least give the workers a choice?

I didnt even pay most of my attention to the labor part haha

I was simply surprised by all the hate.

I mean, aroundlsu and Nutriakiller met my muslim friend.. he may not have been talkative.. but he was not wearing any c4/tnt/RDX... lol

Top Bottom