It's here!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Mailed off my paperwork 2/28 and today this awesome piece of workmanship was waiting for me from the CMP. It's a H&R Service grade manufactured late 1953. Has a SA barrel, and Winchester trigger group. The stock is really dry, if I ever get all my projects done I'm going to sand it and give it a few coats of BLO. Pulled it all apart, cleaned, then lubed and went run a clip through it. I really love this gun!!
    Sorry for the crappy pic, will get some better ones next time I take it out.
    pa3atu4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I love those and M1as!!! I have my Dads IH Garand, not sure what year and love putting a few down the range with it. Superaccurate and one can easily understand why it was the king of the battlefield when compared to the Mauser and Arisaka. A G43 cant even compare to the Garand in my opinion...I can say this because I have one of those also..Enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Thanks guys, appreciate all the input. Yeah definitely going to get a sling, garand gear plug, and tons of ammo.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Can't wait to go show it to my great Uncle. He served in the Army in Korea. Might get to hear some good stories.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    The one I have was Korean War era also and got it for my Dad because growing up he always talked about how much he loved that rifle when he was in the Army during that conflict. My brother and I split the cost of purchasing it in 1983 and gave it to my Dad as a birthday gift. We went out a few months later to some property we had outside Picayune and he brought that rifle with him. He toted it around like he had it all his life and we saw a moccasin swimming and he took aim, pulled the trigger, and the snakes head disappeared. He was probably 50 yards away. Amazing thing to see--it was like he was in his 20s again. That was the best shot I had ever seen my Dad do. He died in 2008 and all the sibs said the Garand was mine from now on..I'll always have it and pass it down unless the Gubment screws us all or something really bad happens to us..

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Sweet. I would clean the stock with mineral spirits, and then Alcohol and cost with BLO Do not sand. Mine had tons of Cosmo and even after cleaning came out in sun over time.
    CMP Correct Grade SA 5-55 owner here.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    The one I have was Korean War era also and got it for my Dad because growing up he always talked about how much he loved that rifle when he was in the Army during that conflict. My brother and I split the cost of purchasing it in 1983 and gave it to my Dad as a birthday gift. We went out a few months later to some property we had outside Picayune and he brought that rifle with him. He toted it around like he had it all his life and we saw a moccasin swimming and he took aim, pulled the trigger, and the snakes head disappeared. He was probably 50 yards away. Amazing thing to see--it was like he was in his 20s again. That was the best shot I had ever seen my Dad do. He died in 2008 and all the sibs said the Garand was mine from now on..I'll always have it and pass it down unless the Gubment screws us all or something really bad happens to us..

That's awesome you were able to experience that with him. I was fortunate that I was able to duck hunt with my grandfather from the time I was 6 till 20 when he passed. Even at 82 he still wouldn't miss a shot.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Sweet. I would clean the stock with mineral spirits, and then Alcohol and cost with BLO Do not sand. Mine had tons of Cosmo and even after cleaning came out in sun over time.
    CMP Correct Grade SA 5-55 owner here.

Thanks, will do.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    ENVY...ENVY...ENVY!

The last time I went to Honey Island shooting range, the guy next to me asked if I would like to fire his. He didn't have to twist my arm. The steel sights were dialed in and pinging the plate with that classic was the best part of my day. We will be needing some range pictures soon. Enjoy it!

Top Bottom