IWB Holster tucked in shirt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Your best solution if you are tucking your shirt is a matching jacket. A lightweight unconstructed khaki jacket is perfect for summertime. I have tuckable Milt Sparks holsters and they just aren't efficient. The average Joe may not know you are packing but I would. And store security would know. Two pounds of extra weight on your hip stands out unless you have something loose covering it up. A khaki jacket is my summertime solution.
    Any chance you can share a pic of said summertime jacket? I don't see how wearing a jacket in Louisiana in the summer is a possible option. Maybe if it has a built in AC system... :P haha!

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Glock 26 or 27. This website http://www.heroholsters.com is a former police officer that was severely injured in the line of duty in an ambush, and now he makes and sales these holsters, read nothing but positive reviews from the guy and am waiting to buy mine when the funds are right, because i dont think ill get my ccw license anytime soon anyway. Great guy and great cause. Look it up and give the guy a email

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Glock 26 or 27. This website http://www.heroholsters.com is a former police officer that was severely injured in the line of duty in an ambush, and now he makes and sales these holsters, read nothing but positive reviews from the guy and am waiting to buy mine when the funds are right, because i dont think ill get my ccw license anytime soon anyway. Great guy and great cause. Look it up and give the guy a email

Crossbreed Supertuck ripoff.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Any chance you can share a pic of said summertime jacket? I don't see how wearing a jacket in Louisiana in the summer is a possible option. Maybe if it has a built in AC system... :P haha!

Every CC'er needs a "Shoot Me First Vest".

102-2.jpg

AroundLSU may be able to get away with wearing things like this cause... well he's a photographer and all. Everyone else... not so much.

Last edited:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Here are a couple of different styles that I have made for myself. One is a "J-Hook" that works well if your belt stays fairly snug. The other shows a bit more but no worries about the belt. Both work well if you kind of fluff your shirt in that area, but as stated above, someone that knows what they are looking for might notice any way that you would carry. That's a compact Glock underneath a T-shirt in the pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

kw4570gov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2009
    I have a Crossbread super tuck and a N82 (Nat squared) tuck-able holster and while I like both the N82 seems to be more comfortable. It does have a clip instead of a J-Hook but I just blouse my shirt a little on both sides.

Kent

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Here are a couple of different styles that I have made for myself. One is a "J-Hook" that works well if your belt stays fairly snug. The other shows a bit more but no worries about the belt. Both work well if you kind of fluff your shirt in that area, but as stated above, someone that knows what they are looking for might notice any way that you would carry. That's a compact Glock underneath a T-shirt in the pics.

View attachment 41725
    What brand holster is that? Also, what belt is that? It looks like a belt on top of another belt, haha! I like it though!

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I wear my carry guns in Tommy Theis holsters with J hooks. I have three for the guns in my regular rotation. They're very much like Crossbreeds. When deeper concealment is needed, on rare occasion I also will use a SmartCarry.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    galco second ammendment holster...very little "holster clip" footprint...I've used it everyday for nearly 4 years with a g26/27...

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    What brand holster is that? Also, what belt is that? It looks like a belt on top of another belt, haha! I like it though!

The holsters and j-hook are my own makings.

The belt is a "workman" series from Walmart. $14. I have 2 that are over 3 years old and still stiff and going strong. Belt snobs will scoff, but who cares they work.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    This is the type of jacket I was talking about:
    http://amzn.com/B00AOJGWTK

Unless you are outside doing road construction you can wear this jacket in the summer and it will conceal a Desert Eagle if you need it to.

That's just too much for Louisiana summer heat for me. I believe the crossbreed brands sound like the best coupled with V or J clips, I think should not be an issue hopefully. But appreciate the opinions

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom