Jeff Gordon salesman/test drive!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What do you mean by fake?

It is obvious (and stated) that it was setup and staged, but do you really believe the passenger knew ahead of time?

I posted a thread on this about a year ago...and it was decided then that it was fake. And yes, the whole thing was a marketing setup and the guy in the passenger seat was an actor.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Austin, did you watch the new one posted above?

Their claim is that this passenger is one of the naysayers, Travis Okulski, an automotive journalist from Jalopnik.com.
    Their point was to prove to one of those claiming it was fake, that it wasn't. :dunno:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Austin, did you watch the new one posted above?

Their claim is that this passenger is one of the naysayers, Travis Okulski, an automotive journalist from Jalopnik.com.
    Their point was to prove to one of those claiming it was fake, that it wasn't. :dunno:

I watched it just now. I still am going to go on a limb and say it is fake. The possible legal problems with the journalist getting hurt and being unknowingly put into a dangerous situation is just not something that I see Pepsi doing. I personally think it is a brilliant marketing strategy on Pepsi's part - they are getting people talking on whether or not it is real or fake. Getting people talking and paying attention is one of the best marketing basises ever.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I watched it just now. I still am going to go on a limb and say it is fake. The possible legal problems with the journalist getting hurt and being unknowingly put into a dangerous situation is just not something that I see Pepsi doing. I personally think it is a brilliant marketing strategy on Pepsi's part - they are getting people talking on whether or not it is real or fake. Getting people talking and paying attention is one of the best marketing basises ever.

Yup, good marketing strategy either way. It would be money better spent though if they could come up with a way of making Pepsi not taste so much like carbonated pond water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom