Jeff Landry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    With a super majority in BOTH Chambers, and he being an ultra conservative, he has the opportunity to be the most transformative Governor in Louisiana history, even though Edwin Edwards will never be eclipsed as the most transformative to a culture of corruption.

Landry is making a crap load of promises about a lot of issues here. As it stands now, if he tackles (and actually solves), half of the problems and issues he's said he will be tackling; he would be right up there with the immortals.

It would be a breath of fresh air to see an elected Governor accomplish the things they promised they would do BEFORE they were elected. But Foster, Blanco, & Jindal come to mind. None if which left this a better place when they left office.

Yes! We'll see! I'm rooting for him to succeed. We all should be. I just want him to temper that religious zealotry as he makes the tough choices that need to be made, particularly the cultural ones. I can tell you all, I don't think this guy is afraid of trying anything, and he's most definitely unapologetic!

As long as he is fair, and open minded; I wish him well!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    With a super majority in BOTH Chambers, and he being an ultra conservative, he has the opportunity to be the most transformative Governor in Louisiana history, even though Edwin Edwards will never be eclipsed as the most transformative to a culture of corruption.

Landry is making a crap load of promises about a lot of issues here. As it stands now, if he tackles (and actually solves), half of the problems and issues he's said he will be tackling; he would be right up there with the immortals.

It would be a breath of fresh air to see an elected Governor accomplish the things they promised they would do BEFORE they were elected. But Foster, Blanco, & Jindal come to mind. None if which left this a better place when they left office.

Yes! We'll see! I'm rooting for him to succeed. We all should be. I just want him to temper that religious zealotry as he makes the tough choices that need to be made, particularly the cultural ones. I can tell you all, I don't think this guy is afraid of trying anything, and he's most definitely unapologetic!

As long as he is fair, and open minded; I wish him well!
    Fingers crossed that he actually does what he says. With him having agreement through other elected officials, there is really no reason he can't keep his promises...

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Landry told me (to my face at a fundraiser) that he promised Louisiana that he will get Constitutional Carry passed, and that he thinks we look silly being the only state in the deep south that hasn't already gotten this done. But he wasn't surprised since we've had a dumbocrat governor for so long. He said he will 100% keep his promise to the law abiding citizens of Louisiana. Take that info for what you will.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I've been a CC permit holder for 1000 years and I will always be a CC permit holder.
    Constitutional Carry??
    Well, you might as well open up all the borders and let every unvetted criminal reside in your hometown because that's tantamount to imposing constitutional carry.
    Sure, carry without a permit, so will the thugs running around town.... all of a sudden their legal to carry!
    Think about it....

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been a CC permit holder for 1000 years and I will always be a CC permit holder.
    Constitutional Carry??
    Well, you might as well open up all the borders and let every unvetted criminal reside in your hometown because that's tantamount to imposing constitutional carry.
    Sure, carry without a permit, so will the thugs running around town.... all of a sudden their legal to carry!
    Think about it....

Well, I've thought about it as you have requested. My conclusion is that you make a very emotional argument meant to sway people's opinion on a subject without actually presenting any real facts.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Constitutional Carry??
    Think about it....
    Felons aren't allowed to carry period. This bill has an age requirement and also requires no felony convictions.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I use Veterans carry because I am tired of paying every four years for the permit and the class. The class is the same thing every four years. You don't get intermediate or advanced classes on renewals.
    I did 3 classes as a teenager, got Marine Corps training with the M9, security guard training with the Smith model 66, NOPD firearms training with the 92FS, Gen 3 G22, and Remington 870, and the CC class over and over. My money is better spent on ammo and range time.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I use Veterans carry because I am tired of paying every four years for the permit and the class. The class is the same thing every four years. You don't get intermediate or advanced classes on renewals.
    I did 3 classes as a teenager, got Marine Corps training with the M9, security guard training with the Military model 66, NOPD firearms training with the 92FS, Gen 3 G22, and Remington 870, and the CC class over and over. My money is better spent on ammo and range time.
    Hang on, The model 66's, Those are sexy beast's!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I think the only obstacle would be how much $$$$ Washington will dangle if it were to be shot down. They wouldn’t be taking any rights away…but not giving any more rights to the peasants that the actually already possess. Just sayin.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Constitutional Carry??
    Think about it....
    Exactly backward of real life. No offense, but what you’re saying is the exact rhetoric that anti gunners say. In real life, every law abiding citizen potentially being armed and able to defend themself is generally the only real worry that criminals have in this day and age. It’s the cities that outlaw or ban any sort of carry that unleash the criminal element on the people. Statistics show that every time law abiding citizens lose the right to be armed, violent crime goes up. In short, your argument is complete bovine feces. Go tell it to the lefties. They’ll welcome you with open arms.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Felons aren't allowed to carry period. This bill has an age requirement and also requires no felony convictions.
    Another concept that for some reason is so difficult for law abiding citizens to grasp is the fact that felons don’t give a fat felony about laws, yet people expect that they’ll follow the rules.

Top Bottom