Jim's firearms in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't typically buy from them. When they were in their prior location, I ordered a case of special shotgun shell loads. I called two days after and checked the statues. I was told it's still on order. I then went the Thrusday before the Friday I was to leave for the hunt. The guy behind the counter told me he didn't see anything about my order for shells, but he could order them today I wanted. I told him that I was leaving tomorrow for the hunt. He commented once again, "I can order the case today if you want". I've NEVER spent a dime in Jim's since then. They could have given less of a FF about my hunt. They lost me for good.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I wouldn't buy a single thing from them if they were the last gun store on the planet. Sorry.

I was in there looking at a gun and was going to buy when all of a sudden two nefarious persons who has sagging pantses started talking bout looking at dat choppa. Salesman dropped me and catered to them. I politely walked out and was asked if I needed any help by the person near the exit/entrance, I replied not from this store!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They may have gotten better, I don't know and I don't really care. What I do know is that they screwed me over once, and I don't intend on giving them a second opportunity to do it again. I take my hunts pretty serious, and for those guys not to think twice about screwing me up really pissed me off.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I wouldn't buy a single thing from them if they were the last gun store on the planet. Sorry.

I was in there looking at a gun and was going to buy when all of a sudden two nefarious persons who has sagging pantses started talking bout looking at dat choppa. Salesman dropped me and catered to them. I politely walked out and was asked if I needed any help by the person near the exit/entrance, I replied not from this store!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with post #8 and this post....

Don't go looking for disappointment find somewhere else you'll be glad you did IMHO:}

Jakemartin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Gonzales
    if you go there ask for a guy named beavis... im sure thats not his real name but hes a young blond guy that wears glasses... he is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful... i go in to jims 3 times a week just to kill time and i always deal with that guy... never had a bad experience with him or the business as a whole

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    I brought a guy I know in Jim's a couple weeks ago....dude can not decide on a gun. Anyway, Beavis spent about an hour just suggesting stuff and talking to my friend.

Interesting nickname.....but I know exactly who you mean!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No need to waste your type fingerbanging your keyboards on this one. I seem to recall a "Jim's" haters thread that went on for weeks. Just find it, copy, and paste to this one. :mamoru:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    The only real negative comment I have about jims is his gunsmith. He's a total prick and I won't let him touch any of my guns anymore (I'm still pissed about how he installed my front sight post cockeyed, then refused to buy me a new barrel after he screwed it up).

If you go there, talk to Brian. If he doesn't have it in stock he'll find it for you.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I went in there earlier this afternoon to kill some time. Stupid busy.

Several different guys behind the counter asked me if I needed any help-just looking, thanks.

I hope they read this post, but there was a guy tobacco-spitting into a Gatoraid bottle with about 3" of bile colored spit in the container the whole time I perused the gun cases. Waiting on customers, spitting in the bottle-carried it with him everywhere he went.

Farkin' Gross!

Dirty

Says the guy with the user name "Dirty Sanchez."

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I haven't been in Jim's for quite awhile. I was making a fairly big purchase one day on a rifle and glass. They ran my paper work on the rifle and I was looking at the glass. I asked about them transferring a used 1911 to me from a person in Alabama. They would not do the transfer because they could get me a new version of that firearm for about $250 more. I wasn't buying it from a gunshop, but no dice. I decided to not purchase the rifle and scope from them and they wanted $30 since they ran the paper work.

I could overlook the prices and lack of knowledge and attitude of some of their employees (some were good), but overall I felt they weren't really a customer oriented shop, so I deal with other people.

On the plus side, they do have a good selection, but I don't deal with them if I can help it.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I haven't been in Jim's for quite awhile. I was making a fairly big purchase one day on a rifle and glass. They ran my paper work on the rifle and I was looking at the glass. I asked about them transferring a used 1911 to me from a person in Alabama. They would not do the transfer because they could get me a new version of that firearm for about $250 more. I wasn't buying it from a gunshop, but no dice. I decided to not purchase the rifle and scope from them and they wanted $30 since they ran the paper work.

I could overlook the prices and lack of knowledge and attitude of some of their employees (some were good), but overall I felt they weren't really a customer oriented shop, so I deal with other people.

On the plus side, they do have a good selection, but I don't deal with them if I can help it.

I would think it is none of their business to know what you paid for the weapon you wanted tranferred. That sucks that they lost you as a customer over something as simple as a transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom