Joe Legal and Jose Illegal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Interesting e-mail I just got at work. Figured a few of you would like it.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal"
    Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ..

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes
    $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number,
    and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00
    per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has
    $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or
    $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has
    $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for
    his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now
    has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and
    local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has
    $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or
    welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per
    year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps
    and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe
    Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose
    Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose
    Illegal
    still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal
    now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has
    $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline,
    etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities,
    gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
    work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
    Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get
    a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after
    school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services,
    but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't think illegals typically receive federal assistance such as food stamps and rent subsidies. They do get free medical care though, by simply not paying the bill with no consequences.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I don't think illegals typically receive federal assistance such as food stamps and rent subsidies. They do get free medical care though, by simply not paying the bill with no consequences.

+1

Before you post something like this you should do some research my friend, I agree Illegal Inmigrants is a BIG issue and not only hispanics are illegals in this country. Second they DO NOT GET Federal assistance have you ever even looked at a Food Stamps or Welfare aplication??????????????
    Third keep in mind the big issue as well is the ones who work illegally under a fake SS# who actually get taxes taken out of their weekly wages, have you ever wondered what happens to those taxes since nobody claims them at the end of the year and how much money the IRS actually makes of people like this?????????????????

Myself being hispanic I do not agree with an amnesty, if I had to go trough a very slow and expensive process they should do it as well, not just say as off tomorrow you are legal but at the same time if they would come up with a program where they could do a realistic background check on those individuals to assure that JOSE Illegal is who he claims he is and that his police history is clear wouldnt it make more sense for him to pay a fee for each year he was illegal and come up with a Temporary Work Permit? At least this way you could have them fingerprinted, you would know where he lives, where he works, you would have his DL #, as well as temporary SS #.

Those you dont pass background check get deported as well as the ones who dont apply and get cought without papers, this way politicians are justifiying their new laws by giving them a chance and you are not only ensuring public safety but deporting the bad apples in the process.

Dont know maybe they aint too smart to figure that out or this headache medicine is giving me dumb ideas.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    +1

Before you post something like this you should do some research my friend, I agree Illegal Inmigrants is a BIG issue and not only hispanics are illegals in this country. Second they DO NOT GET Federal assistance have you ever even looked at a Food Stamps or Welfare aplication??????????????
    Third keep in mind the big issue as well is the ones who work illegally under a fake SS# who actually get taxes taken out of their weekly wages, have you ever wondered what happens to those taxes since nobody claims them at the end of the year and how much money the IRS actually makes of people like this?????????????????There was an act submited reciently to enable them to collect SS from past illegal work. Additionlly, I've seen the numbers... Cali along is something like a BILLION in the hole, cost vs/ production even WHEN those 'un returned' tax $ are counted...

Myself being hispanic I do not agree with an amnesty, if I had to go trough a very slow and expensive process they should do it as well, not just say as off tomorrow you are legal but at the same time if they would come up with a program where they could do a realistic background check on those individuals to assure that JOSE Illegal is who he claims he is and that his police history is clear wouldnt it make more sense for him to pay a fee for each year he was illegal and come up with a Temporary Work Permit? At least this way you could have them fingerprinted, you would know where he lives, where he works, you would have his DL #, as well as temporary SS #.

Those you dont pass background check get deported as well as the ones who dont apply and get cought without papers, this way politicians are justifiying their new laws by giving them a chance and you are not only ensuring public safety but deporting the bad apples in the process.

Dont know maybe they aint too smart to figure that out or this headache medicine is giving me dumb ideas.

^^^

Shwane

Motivator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Youngsville, LA
    have you ever wondered what happens to those taxes since nobody claims them at the end of the year

In some cases the guys with social #'s use someone in Mexico's and send them the return for use of the number.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Shooter,

I hear ya but...frankly until that border is secured, and I mean TOTALLY secured (as in overkill at this point, moat/crocodiles, landmines, tanks, APC's, Predator drones, Terminators, et al) I, and most others, are not interested AT ALL in dealing with those already here illegally.

Is that too hardcore and over the top? Don't care. We've been lied to again, and again, and again on this issue and NOTHING is ever done to stop the flow Northward. And while there are several things in the OP that are incorrect, there are LOTS that are not.

Until that is stopped, I'm not interested in discussing ANY other options. And the goofy thing is, LOTS of the options discussed on the left would at least get a fair hearing in public, if the border were secured first.

But as usual, they get it backwards.

Rant over, party on.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    You will NEVER get a secure border even if you line up the National Guard, if you implement a program it would be a much easier way to find a solution to the problem.

If we continue to loose time, money and effort on finding excuses and ways to "secure" a wide ass line the problem will grow by the day and multiply. Make it simple enough but complicated and effective at the same time, at the same time while passing a bill to "legalize" them after obviously paying fees and background checks and so on, allow for border patrol and LEO's to utilize whatever resource necesary to defend the border this way you dont have the issues as we are heaving at this moment with the border patrol who shot and killed the 15 year old boy. If you somehow set it as a rule to do not cross you will get shot at,we have the RIGHT according to the bill passed to do so, we have a realistic process for you to come in and work or if you are already here being able to work without being worried of getting picked up. Its a win win situation, politicians find a way to get re elected (HOPEFULLY NOT), they also find a HUGE way of winning a never ending battle while bringing revenue to a country heading to crap, you give americans public safety while heaving this people documented and registered. At the same time by doing so you take a huge hit on drug cartels people wont be STUPID enought to try and cross if they know they will get shot so who will run the drugs across the border now??????????????????????????

I know most people believe take them out and lets move on, but doing so its not the answer unless you look at the problem from all aspects, if not they will just re enter the country.

I supervised construction for 2 years, I had 22 hispanic workers under me, out of those only 2 were legal in this country and the rest had been hired on using fake papers. I would hear the stories every day for lunch on how they crossed and how many times they had done it, they were not scared of doing it over and over and over again in fact one of them had crossed 8 times already. So how would deporting them be the answer??? To me its just wasting resources if you dont implement a plan for them not to come back.

At the same time such plan should include a way to punish employers who hire ilegal workers. You also have to provide a tool for companies to be able to check if Jose with SS#1234-23-3452 is who he claims he is THERE IS NOT SUCH THING currently.

Basically what I am trying to say is this problem is bigger than what it looks like and kicking them out is not a solution to long term, I hope that by expressing all this you have a better understanding of what is really going on internally in our own system. To be able to find a real solution lots of changes need to be made otherwise we will continue to find an excuse to a growing problem.

Be safe brother.

Top Bottom