Join the NRA, send 25 bucks in now!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Totally agree with Pangris, I also wish every gun owner would join to show solidarity, we have over 4 million members, just think the clout we'd have with all 110 million gun owners.
    Here is reality. There will be winners and losers. Sometimes you negotiate today to prevent a worst case scenario.

It is chess, not checkers. The NRA isn't perfect but remember back to all the gnashing of teeth and vitriol against them for the "compromising" with the 1994 crime bill. 18 years later we are in better shape than we ever had been up until this shooting.

It is easy to chastise them from the peanut gallery, but sitting in a room deciding what positions you can and can't live with as legislators wait for to see whether your organization has a place at the table puts things in a whole different perspective. It has for me working with the LSA and I personally think that with the benefit of hindsight - the NRA has done a fantastic job. I can forgive them for not being perfect (I'm not either) and I can forgive them for being wary of losing ALL the marbles for the sake of general principle.

The NRA has successfully lived to fight another day and had a longer term vision. The REAL bottom line is if you want them to negotiate from a position of strength, BECOME A MEMBER. If HALF the gun owners in the US were members, NO ONE WOULD DARE TRY TO TAKE THEM AWAY.

Monaco

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    New Orleans
    Maybe we can start our own club? I mean come on... National RIFLE Association? What about handguns? I say we start the National Weapons Association...

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Maybe we can start our own club? I mean come on... National RIFLE Association? What about handguns? I say we start the National Weapons Association...

Weapons? That could include baseball bat, pipe, tire tool, belt, pencil, knife, umbrella, etc., you get the idea.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That could get confusing...

:p
    nwapic.jpg

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have an NRA affiliate account and I just shared that link. I would rather see someone join then get the referral. I am not sure if the deal can be done through an affiliate link, but I don't really care. The more the better. I don't agree 100% with the NRA, but without the NRA business alliance 90% of gun related businesses would not be able to operate.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    What's going on between the NRA and dingy Harry?
    He was an anti-gun dirtbag, then he sucked the NRAs dick, so they endorsed him for re-election, even ran a multi-page article in their rags about how awesome he is for supporting a shooting range in his state. He put on a skeet vest and held a shotgun for a photo op.

He got re-elected with the NRA support, and then went right back to his anti-gun ways.

It's one of the reasons I hated the NRA. I just noticed my icon here is still "National Waffle Association" heh.. yea, never been too happy about them.

But they are a powerful force and we got nothing better. I'd been a real vocal ass about hating the NRA, but I've been a member since I was 18 or 19, because while they really screw the pooch on stuff.. they have huge sway and no one else pro-gun does.

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Just rejoined this past weekend. When I took a hit income I gave up a lot of memberships an subscriptions. Hope we and all of The NRA members realize that we need to unite.

Top Bottom