Just heard...shooting at gun show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    My friend just called me a minute ago and said he heard on the news there was an accidental shooting this weekend at a gunshow...great more fodder for the left to drool over. Not sure where it happened but he thought it might have been in the Carolinas.
    Prepare yourselves for the onslaught of anti-gun propaganda this is gonna likely brew up.
    Not one to typically subscribe to the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories but I have to admit that with the stuff I've read and seem lately about Sandy Hook it wouldn't be too much of a leap to think that someone with an agenda could have been behind this but I will withhold my thoughts on this till more facts come in. If anyone hears more please add it in here thanks.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My friend just called me a minute ago and said he heard on the news there was an accidental shooting this weekend at a gunshow...great more fodder for the left to drool over. Not sure where it happened but he thought it might have been in the Carolinas.
    Prepare yourselves for the onslaught of anti-gun propaganda this is gonna likely brew up.
    Not one to typically subscribe to the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories but I have to admit that with the stuff I've read and seem lately about Sandy Hook it wouldn't be too much of a leap to think that someone with an agenda could have been behind this but I will withhold my thoughts on this till more facts come in. If anyone hears more please add it in here thanks.

Um, apparently you aren't withholding your thoughts if you've postulated about a conspiracy. Isn't this the same problem we have with the media not fact checking before reporting to others?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hurt-accidental-shooting-nc-gun-show-18259364

"Officials say two people were accidentally shot and wounded at a gun show at the North Carolina state fairgrounds.

It happened Saturday at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show, a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people to the fairgrounds in Raleigh.

The fairground is operated by the state agriculture department. Agency spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.

Emergency crews responded to the scene, and two people were loaded into ambulances.

Long says the shotgun's owner brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer.

The show shut down early Saturday."

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I'm hearing it was the LEO at the door checking in the firearms who was handed a loaded firearm (fail #1) and didn't clear it (fail # 2) and didn't follow basic safety rule of muzzle in safe direction (fail # 3).

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Um, apparently you aren't withholding your thoughts if you've postulated about a conspiracy. Isn't this the same problem we have with the media not fact checking before reporting to others?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/hurt-accidental-shooting-nc-gun-show-18259364

"Officials say two people were accidentally shot and wounded at a gun show at the North Carolina state fairgrounds.

It happened Saturday at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show, a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people to the fairgrounds in Raleigh.

The fairground is operated by the state agriculture department. Agency spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.

Emergency crews responded to the scene, and two people were loaded into ambulances.

Long says the shotgun's owner brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer.

The show shut down early Saturday."

Fair enough you are right,I did wonder about this aloud before all the info was in. My only point was that this is just more "ammo" for the anti gunners every time someone acts irresponsibly with a weapon. We didn't need this crap happening, especially not now

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Was loaded with birdshot.
    Three wounded at shooting at Dixie Gun & Knife Show

Three people were wounded in an accidental shooting Saturday at a gun show at the N.C. State Fairgrounds.

A 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner unzipped its case for a security officer to check it at a security entrance at the Dixie Gun & Knife Show in the Jim Graham Building, according to State Fairgrounds Police Chief Joel Keith.

Keith said birdshot pellets hit Janet Hoover, 54, of Benson, in the right torso; Linwood Hester, 50, of Durham, in the left hand; and Jake Alderman, a retired Wake County sheriff’s deputy from Wake Forest, in the hand. Hoover and Hester were taken to WakeMed, but no information on their connection was immediately available.

Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, of Wilmington, who brought the shotgun, is being questioned by the Wake Sheriff’s Office, which is handling the investigation. Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison said the shooting was accidental and that it’s too soon to say whether criminal charges will be filed.

Keith said the shotgun’s owner brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer. The Dixie Gun & Knife Show, which closed early because of the shooting, will reopen Sunday, but Keith said that private gun sales will not be allowed.

Keith said only the vendors at the show, whose weapons are in the building, will be allowed to sell guns Sunday.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/19/2617998/accidental-shooting-report-at.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/19/2617998/accidental-shooting-report-at.html

:)

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Three people shot with ONE round of bird shot. It is obvious that shotgun bird shot ammunition has a high capacity to wound people and should be banned. <sarcasm font>

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Considering the kooks are coming out of the woodwork because of the Democrats executive orders I say hang the blame on a Democrat. They are creating the hysteria.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Spock_s_Unassailable_Logic.jpg

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I'd almost be willing to bet that shotgun has a warning label too. So much for that idea, huh.
    People are people. And there are people who will act irresponsible with any and everything, including responsibility!
    If I woke up tomorrow and started noticing big ass "warning, point in safe direction" labels on the hoods of cars, I wouldn't be surprised. Seems like if the powers that be were really so worried about overpopulation, they'd stop enforcing the warning label crap and let natural selection play a part. And maybe while they're at it, stop enabling the ones who can make it on their own. Leave them to their own devices. Work, and be a benefit and not a burden to society or dry up and blow away.
    What I'm getting at is too much government and too much government control. They're just messing with nature. And look where it's got us.
    Sarcastic rant over

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La

I may be talking about a separate incident here however; I read about a child being shot in the head at a gunshow. He was 8 years old and had his parents okay (and adult supervision) to shoot a fully automatic UZI. He could not control the recoil and the muzzle lifted upwards resulting with him being shot in the head.

While I am sure gun control advocates will take this story and run with it, my thoughts are with the parents and the "supervising adult" at this time.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    In. WA. At a WAC show there was an older gentlemen that was struggling to clear his 1911 and discraged a .45 into the ground, this happened not but a few days ago... at least no one was hurt...

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    People not handling firearms properly across the nation.:p
    Man Rushed to Hospital in Gun Show Shooting

MEDINA, Ohio — Police are investigating a shooting at the Medina Gun Show. Officials are calling the incident “a terrible accident” which left a 62-year-old man wounded.

Medina police tell Fox 8 News just after 3:00 p.m. Saturday, one shot was fired.

It happened after an unknown man came into the show at the Medina County Fairgrounds Community Center and sold a semi-automatic pistol to a dealer. Officials say the weapon was in a box, and after the seller left the show, the dealer took it out to see if it was unloaded. It was loaded, and police say the exhibitor accidently pulled the trigger, wounding his partner who was sitting next to him.

The victim was taken to Medina Hospital and later transferred to MetroHealth Medical Center.

“This is the first time we had a problem,” said Jim Conrad, the show’s promoter.

Conrad says this is the 35th year for the Medina Gun Show, and has never experienced an incident like this.
    http://fox8.com/2013/01/19/police-man-shot-at-medina-gun-show/
    Accidental weapon discharge sends Indy gun show patron to hospital

A man attending the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds was taken to a local hospital for medical attention after he accidently discharged his gun Saturday afternoon.

Indiana State Police said Emory L. Cozee, 54, Indianapolis, was leaving the site of the 1500 Gun & Knife Show at the Indiana State Fairgrounds at about 4:15 p.m. when his gun accidently discharged.

Police said Cozee was at the east entrance of the South Pavilion Building and was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand.

Cozee was transported to Wishard Hospital for treatment. No charges were filed and no other injuries were reported.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/201...-Indy-gun-show-patron-hospital?nclick_check=1

:)

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I may be talking about a separate incident here however; I read about a child being shot in the head at a gunshow. He was 8 years old and had his parents okay (and adult supervision) to shoot a fully automatic UZI. He could not control the recoil and the muzzle lifted upwards resulting with him being shot in the head.

While I am sure gun control advocates will take this story and run with it, my thoughts are with the parents and the "supervising adult" at this time.

That was from 2008 and it really wasn't a gun show per se.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2739933...ccidentally-kills-self-gun-show/#.UPt1hW99LAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom