Just Venting - TEO Traffic Enforcement Officer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rapaint66

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    South Baton Rouge
    Can one of you LEO types explain to me the spirit of the Law. You know not simply that I broke it but why it was created in the first place?

Sunday 9:55 am

Got a ticket from a State TEO for no seat belt and expired inspection sticker.

I get it..It's the law I broke it ..pay the fine(Tax) and enjoy the rest of Father's Day.

Today 4:45 after 11 hours of work

Got another ticket from city cop..expired inspection sticker...WTF!
    (He did'nt notice I was not wearing my seatbelt..hehe!)

Are you guys low on cash..not getting enough from the local coffer? State politicians keeping it all for themselves? WTF?

Shouldn't you guys be catching criminals?

rapaint66

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    South Baton Rouge
    That is what his signature was TEO(all caps) then his last name...Thought that was just another division of the LSP. And...as I stated..on the first ticket, statee cop, I get it..I broke the law. The second ticket, city LEO gavve me a ticket for the same thing even after I produced the original citation...WTF?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well the purpose of the MVI I would hope is to at least have a car that was somewhat safe to be on the road once a year and the seat belt is trying to keep us alive a longer if we wear them. Troop A has worked about 30 fatalities this year and over 20 weren't wearing seatbelts.
    So they are meant to try to keep us safe and they make money too. But not enough to pay the Medicaid for the ones that weren't wearing the seatbelts

Oh and LSP doesn't get the ticket money.

rapaint66

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    South Baton Rouge
    Is there any incentive to issue more citations on a monthly basis or is that just something LEO's do when nothing else relevent to public safety is going on? I really do not need anyone to protect me from myself..but thanks anyways!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    To answer your question, yes. The state is low on money. But the state receives NO money from ANY tickets written by LSP officers. Al of the money goes to the local parish that the citation is written in. State police writes a ticket in EBR, the EBRSO gets all the money.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    So you are saying that EVERY place you went to today was closed that could issue you a new inspection sticker?

ANd BTW, if you buy a school bus, as the driver, you are still required to wear your seat belt...

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Is there any incentive to issue more citations on a monthly basis or is that just something LEO's do when nothing else relevent to public safety is going on? I really do not need anyone to protect me from myself..but thanks anyways!

And also look at it like this, you not only got one but actually 2 tickets to the Police Ball!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I know someone who is bored, batching or out of ammo to reload. :D

As for the OP, "hehe" you didn't get a seatbelt.... Really? You sound like my 13 year old freaking out because her brothers elbow crossed over to her side of the table.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Actually, the state DOES get a portion of MVI fines. You're right in that all moving violation traffic fines goes to the parish coffers.

I'm just intrigued by this TEO business. I suspect we're going to find out the OP ran afoul of a trooper who has questionable penmanship...

Maybe he can't write and it was supposed to be TFC

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What a productive member to society. You broke the law and therefore you are considered a criminal. You got caught but yet the police should be catching real criminals. I think the tax payers were getting there money's worth and you are proof. Also, in the city of baton rouge almost all of the money from citations go to support public defenders office. How is that for irony

Top Bottom