Kayak Fishing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Hey guys i found a new sport that i like. KAYAK FISHING. There is a forum that gets a bunch of guys together for small tournaments and also for friendly competitions. Im not endorsed by the forum, its bckfc.org. Im probably going down to campo's this weekend and fishing with them. Hopefully to catch a limit of reds, a few trout and have some fun with people in the same sport. I love being in the outdoors. Y'all come join!!!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Be careful. A boy I used to work with got lost at sea in a kayak just a couple of weeks ago. Never found him, only his kayak.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    My brother-in-law is a Kayak nut.
    He kayaked the Mangrove Swamps in the everglades. Got lost and spent the night in his boat. Yes, there were alligators.
    Kayaked in the Gulf of Mexico. Got lost by going too far out and couldn't make it back. Had to be picked up by a fishing boat.
    Kayaked in the Atlantic. Got lost and washed out to sea. Spent the night out there. Almost got run over by a cargo ship.
    And the list goes on and on. No, I will not go out with him no matter how many times he asks me to.

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    hahaha. I will try to stay in the marsh area. Ill wear waders in case i have to get out if the wind is pulling me into the gulf and maybe bring a pistol (to call for help).
    I dont plan on going far plus it will be with a group of guys so hopefully someone will find me.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    My brother in law went on occasional fishing trips and never had much luck and was losing interest. Them one day I brought him yak fishing with me.
    He said he had never had so much fun fishing in his life.

I don't do it anymore but sometimes I think about getting back into it.

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    ive only gona once before and that was last year. The wind was rough, i had a cheap kayak, it was cold, i got wet and i didnt catch a fish. It was mostly because of the wind. But overall i had fun and enjoyed the view and chatting with the guys. I also like the paddling because i get some exercise.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    I drank the Hobie Kool-Aid and I try get down to Houma to go Yak fishing with my cousin at least once a month. It is lots of fun and there is a certain amount of enjoyment of catching fish and watching boats get bogged down in the mud when are trying to fish in the same area. I wouldn't be worried about being puched out into the gulf or waders, just shorts or maybe swim trunks if you really think you are going to go for a swim accidentally.

Like it was said earlier, if you hook a big enough red you will get a guided tour of the marsh. If you are in the marsh have a stake out pole (cheap 6' broom handle) it is much better than an anchor.

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I have a $1400 boat with a motor and trailer, i just can't justify having a kayak as expensive without a motor or trailer. Plus i live in an apartment plus i dont kayak fish enough. haha. Im trying to stay away from the koolaid... for now

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    I have been on BCKFC for a while. I won 2nd on one outcast and got 15th place angler of the year. I have a Hobie Outback I got a good deal on. I got it from pack and paddle here in Lafayette. It was the 2011 demo model that I bought from their garage sale. The PA was $500 more but I wanted a kayak not a boat. ;)

I love fishing from it and I have never felt like I was going into the drink, even when a boat passed me going faster than I would have liked and I was totally unprepared. Waders are not worth the hassle. It is cramped enough without all that extra encumbrance. Think how hard it is going to be to turn around in your little seat and put a fish in the ice chest right behind you as it is. Then think how uncomfortable waders are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom