KCI Glock magazines--I fell for it again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Hey, guys, I don't know what your experiences are with KCI Korean magazines for Glocks; but I just picked up two for $20. At this point, I believe I been had. I fell for the "cheaper than factory and works as well" scam. They do not work like factory mags. I acquired the G17 17 rounders and at first glance, they looked promising. However, it turned downhill as I tried to load them up. I could only get 6 rounds in before I had to use the glock magazine loading tool.
    Upon unloading the magazines, both had problems where the spring and follower would get stuck and the rounds would fall out. I took a closer look as I reloaded and unloaded the ammo. I believe the tip of the rounds would get caught at the front of the mag and cause the follower to rotate backwards and consequently get stuck.
    So I went online looking for solutions. I saw how some people got an exacto knife and smoothed out the excess plastic inside the metal frame. So I tried it but no such luck. The rounds follower still got caught.
    On top of that, the mags don't drop freely from the pistol upon pressing the mag release.
    What do you guys think? Does anyone have these mags and do they work? I am willing to withhold final judgement until I go to the range. Who knows, they may magically work fired from the glock. At this point, I think I should have stayed with the factory glock mags.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    On top of that, the mags don't drop freely from the pistol upon pressing the mag release.
    What do you guys think? Does anyone have these mags and do they work? I am willing to withhold final judgement until I go to the range. Who knows, they may magically work fired from the glock. At this point, I think I should have stayed with the factory glock mags.

A friend bought a few of those for his g22. Had all the same issues.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I guess I've been lucky, as well.

I have a supply of these for range use only (yeah, I admit I trust the OEMs only for EDC)- but the Korean mags I have all work as they should. They don't seem to be near the quality of the OEMs, though....

Sometimes you can pick up used OEMs at places like AIM- but they sell out fast as greezed cheetah $hit....:D

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    First off I only trust factory Glock mags and would not use anything else for defensive or even competition purposes. I have 2 G19 KCI mags that have lots of rounds through them with only one issue and it had just been dropped in the dirt and put back in the gun without proper cleaning. I have 2 G17 KCI mags that have never had a feeding issue, but one won't lock the slide back on the last round and the other won't drop free from the gun if empty. I have 2 33 round non Glock mags the are horrible. Neither of them have ever fired more than 5 rounds in a row without a malfunction. They are good for malfunction drills and that's about it. All of these mags were bought a long time ago and I knew I was taking a chance when I bought them. If you have a sufficient quantity of factory mags and looking for some cheap mags to practice with without unloading your good mags then go for it, but don't even think about buying these in place of factory mags.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I bought some second hand for my g19. The BSer said no issues but I haven't shot them. Need to put some rounds through them before I comment on function. They do load ok.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have 2 for my G19 that came with the gun when I bought it. I haven't had a single problem from these 2 mags and the guy I bought the gun from said he has never had a problem with any of his. Hit and miss I guess.

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Update, I left the Korean mags loaded for a week and they seem to be easier to load now. I can fit 16 rounds in by hand. They still don't drop freely on pressing the mag release, though. As for feeding, one mag still gets jammed but the other seems fine after breaking in the spring? Anyway, these are strictly range mags indefinitely. I will never trust them in any other situation. It really makes appreciate how glock factory mags are constructed of such high quality. Plus, they're reasonably priced. Lesson learned! Or is it? I keep wanting to try cheapo stuff, and it always ends up bad. Example, I'm looking at the nebo protac weapon light for $30 at 190 lumens. I'm NOT gonna get it cuz I already know its gonna suck.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    I have a few 17 rounders (9mm for G19/G34) that I use once a year at the range for shooting the POST course. The only reason I bought them is so I can 12 rounds in each and that gives me enough to not have to manually reload mags on the line. Never had the first problem out of them. Maybe I was just lucky?

Top Bottom