Keep Good Records.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Just a little reminder. My soon to be wife was issued a red light ticket in Washington DC in 2004. She paid it then, didn't keep records, had to repay it in 2009 to renew her DL and now suddenly it hasn't been paid again and she has once again no record of it. I keep good records, but this was before I came into the picture so I will be paying the same ticket and same charge to get her name off the NDR for the 3rd time....Don't assume people will get stuff right, are honest or even have a brain for that matter. CYA and keep good records. (Just a little vent.)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Just a little reminder. My soon to be wife was issued a red light ticket in Washington DC in 2004. She paid it then, didn't keep records, had to repay it in 2009 to renew her DL and now suddenly it hasn't been paid again and she has once again no record of it. I keep good records, but this was before I came into the picture so I will be paying the same ticket and same charge to get her name off the NDR for the 3rd time....Don't assume people will get stuff right, are honest or even have a brain for that matter. CYA and keep good records. (Just a little vent.)

^THIS^ ^THIS^ ^THIS^

My poor father-n-law has been out right harassed! by the IRS. 3 years in a row, 3 different IRS Agents have been snobby about him supposedly owing in upwards of 50k, 30k, 45k etc.
    Only to find out 3 years in a row that it was THEIR MISTAKE! Checks had been written and cashed by them.

If his accountant and my mother-n-law wouldn't have kept impeccable records, they'd have likely had to paid out the ass each time and based on nothing but incompetence by the IRS.

After this last year, My father-n-law, his accountant and his assistant and two lawyers all had a nice LONG talk about this not ever happening again.

I pray this harassment is over for him and as a small business owner he feels this is just more and more unfounded pressure on small business. How could you blame him?

Man I hope he’s done with all that crap. Very Stressful when the IRS is visiting your place of business to tell you that you owe $50,000 and must pay or else. Then to find it’s their fault!? Each time!?!

I’m surprised they kept him in his chair from ringing their necks this last time b/c he told me that this last time when they walked in the Agent immediately pointed to a stack of papers and said "You can start filling those out in order to finance what you owe" to which my father-n-law promptly replied, "If it's $50k that I owe you, I'll write a check for it today, but let's see if you got your **** together before we sign any paper work".
    My mother-n-law said you could have heard a pin drop.

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    ^THIS^ ^THIS^ ^THIS^

My poor father-n-law has been out right harassed! by the IRS. 3 years in a row, 3 different IRS Agents have been snobby about him supposedly owing in upwards of 50k, 30k, 45k etc.
    Only to find out 3 years in a row that it was THEIR MISTAKE! Checks had been written and cashed by them.

If his accountant and my mother-n-law wouldn't have kept impeccable records, they'd have likely had to paid out the ass each time and based on nothing but incompetence by the IRS.

After this last year, My father-n-law, his accountant and his assistant and two lawyers all had a nice LONG talk about this not ever happening again.

I pray this harassment is over for him and as a small business owner he feels this is just more and more unfounded pressure on small business. How could you blame him?

Man I hope he’s done with all that crap. Very Stressful when the IRS is visiting your place of business to tell you that you owe $50,000 and must pay or else. Then to find it’s their fault!? Each time!?!

I’m surprised they kept him in his chair from ringing their necks this last time b/c he told me that this last time when they walked in the Agent immediately pointed to a stack of papers and said "You can start filling those out in order to finance what you owe" to which my father-n-law promptly replied, "If it's $50k that I owe you, I'll write a check for it today, but let's see if you got your **** together before we sign any paper work".
    My mother-n-law said you could have heard a pin drop.

Definately alot more extreme than my situation and that much better of a reason to keep good records. Imagine the number of people screwed over by the IRS and other organizations. Yet another reason things should be simple, cut and dry.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Definately alot more extreme than my situation and that much better of a reason to keep good records. Imagine the number of people screwed over by the IRS and other organizations. Yet another reason things should be simple, cut and dry.

No doubt. What about the people that don't fight back and just assume the IRS is right and pays them?

Ridiculous.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    No doubt. What about the people that don't fight back and just assume the IRS is right and pays them?

Ridiculous.

They make it impossible to fight back in my case. Try calling the Washington DC DMV from Louisiana and expect to get a person that speaks english. Hoping they speak logic and common sense is a pipe dream as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom