Kenner gun show the 24th and 25th.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    I received this in an email from the gun show people:

The Great Southern Gun & Knife Show, LLC

July 24-25, 2010

Kenner, LA
    New Orleans Area
    Pontchartrain Center

Open to the Public
    Saturday 9-5
    S unday 10-5

Guns, Knives, Holsters, Ammunition,
    Reloading, Military Items, Camouflage.

www.greatsoutherngunshow.com

Just FYI,
    Shane

PS: It's on their website calendar.

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    LOCAL was planning on having a table there. I was going to work the table Sunday from 10-1pm. Sadly we didn't get enough volunteers to work the table both days so we won't have a table. :(

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I was planning on going to this. Has anybody been to one of their shows? I am just wondering if it is worth the time. I am looking into a 10-22 build and did not know if going to this will help me at all. Are the prices good? I know it would be nice to actually see and touch stuff but I try to spend time with the family on the weekends so I did not know if I should just go to the range instead.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Save you Money!

My 2 cents worth is save the $7 or $8 bucks it cost to enter and buy you some ice cream and popcorn instead. Last few gun shows accross the state have been garage sale, junk, and toy shows.

Days of the deals have turned into the days of the feels.

Feels like your bothering them by asking a question or for advice. Heaven forbid if you question their prices.

Just post what you need on this forum and the fine members will help you find it.

Don't feed the sharks! Avoid the clowns!

0201.jpg

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Aint that the truth, gun shows used to be a true swap meet of good deals, now its just a bunch of cheap crap with high prices, most of the dealers think for some reason their rem 700 is special beccause its been abused alot so its worth 900 dollars. The dealers are counting on that one moron who knows absolutely nothing about guns so they can tell the tale of how they ripped off some poor yuppie bastard by selling him a hi-point for 695 bucks because it was a "special gun".

Boycot gun shows until people stop shitting on the 2nd amendment by doing that kinda horseshit, I mean who PUBLICLY rips off a person in a GUN DEAL?!?!? Someone who obviously does not believe in the Right to Bear arms or someone with a Thick ass Level 4 Vest.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey I want to pick up a Diamond Back 380 and one of these: S&W 642/442/342 anyone going to be selling one and at the show? Sometimes they have good deals. I have gotten several things at the same price/lower than can be found on the internet plus no shipping or tax. I make a list of everything I want and what price I can find them at plus s&h and if it is lower I get it. If not I got to check out some pretty cool stuff.....

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Go there with a sign on the case with what you want for it. Someone will buy it off of you FTF. Problem solved. I bet if it is a gen 3 in decent shape you put 450.00 on the case someone will grab it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    gen 2 with lasermax

may give it a try

It works man. You don't even have to say a word guys bring big rolls of cash to do just that heck I bring a nice bit of cash to do just that. I picked up a .357 S&W revolver off of a guy doing that and carried around in the case and was approached by a few guys to purchase the gun that I had just purchased. I had to explain to them that I had bought it in which one offered me 50 bucks more than I paid for it.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    So, would I at least be able to maybe pick up a Tapco stock cheaper than the internet or a forward grip, bipod, or scope for a good price? And, do they only accept cash?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    So, would I at least be able to maybe pick up a Tapco stock cheaper than the internet or a forward grip, bipod, or scope for a good price? And, do they only accept cash?

You may find comparable prices, but I doubt you'd find anything cheaper. Most vendors accept credit cards, but they are much more likely to wheel and deal if you've got cold hard cash.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Hey I want to pick up a Diamond Back 380 and one of these: S&W 642/442/342 anyone going to be selling one and at the show? Sometimes they have good deals. I have gotten several things at the same price/lower than can be found on the internet plus no shipping or tax. I make a list of everything I want and what price I can find them at plus s&h and if it is lower I get it. If not I got to check out some pretty cool stuff.....

FWIW, 10-8 has a stainless Diamondback .380 in the case for $400. No idea if that's good or bad $. They had a bunch of mags too.

Top Bottom