"Kitty City"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    There's an article in today's The Advocate about an EBR program to catch stray cats -- then to neuter them and return them to the wild(!) The stated intent is to "lower the staggering number of stray cats that are euthanized every year in Baton Rouge..." Seems like a total waste of taxpayer funds, not to mention the inhumane aspects of putting the animals back on the street to starve and continue being a nuisance to the neighborhood. IMO, catch them, hold them a reasonable period of time, then if nobody adopts, put them down.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I think there's a little bit of rodent/pest control thought process to go with the rerelease as well.

FTR, some places will spay/neuter for $15-20.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    box them up in lots of 12 and sell them to the chinese restaurants for 1/3 the price of chicken.

Now you've turned an expense into an income.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Western civilization shuns eating anything with a cute and cuddly face.

Boil a live lobster - good eatin.

Slaughter a hog - bacon n pork chops.

Kill a cat - cruelty, murder, etc.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If your a cat lover don't go here!

If you're a cat lover you probably shouldn't be here. Just kidding, but not really.

I thought Kitty City was going to be a new strip club. Not a bad idea for a name.

- - - Updated - - -

NSFW video

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Years ago my neighbor went to a chinese restaurant I considered questionable at best (ie I wouldn't eat there for anything!). Anyway, he bit into a piece of buckshot in the sweet and sour chicken! Cat would probably have been better that whatever he really ate!

Wasn't there a story about a shortage of euthanasia drugs a few months ago? I guess dumping them in the wild makes more sense and eliminates the guilt, plus they're now a 'no-kill' shelter.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    In my travels as a younger man I’ve been to some crazy places around this world. You learn to eat what the natives eat or you starve. Cat on a stick or Rat on a stick what’s the dif, there both good or even Dog on a stick.

Wolf

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think not eating animals we have domesticated(Cats/Dogs/Horses)
    is what sets the civilized apart from the uncivilized
    and us from the world. I have no problem with that either.

Just check the current civilized nations of the world.
    ...record how many are eating domesticated animals like cats, dogs and horses.

Mankind's interesting relationship with those three animals
    has a long history, deeply entwined with the oldest being the dog.

If absolutely necessary, most would eat them(I would)
    but as a normal course for dinner not out of necessity
    I think not and for good reason. Because I'm a civilized man.

Last edited:

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    It's not a new idea or anything. If you ever see a stray look at the ears; if there is a small triangle cut out in one of them the animal is fixed but may have been too "wild" to adopt out. (sister is a vetrinarian)

And I think it's kind of arbitrary to consider ourselves "civilized" because we don't regularly eat cats/dogs/horses. Pigs are smart, smarter than some dogs.

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    When in Rome......

I ate dog twice wile station in Korea 91-92. The E-4s and below in my section all got passes to go to Seoul for the weekend with one of our KATUSAs (Korean Augmentation To the U.S. Army) as a tour guide. We went to a nice sit down restaurant for dinner the first night and I told Han that I wanted to try Gaegoi (dog meat). None of the other guys were interested and gave me a load of crap for even thinking about trying it. Han ordered Bulgogi (Beef) for the other guys and Gaegoi for both of us. The waiter started talking fast and looking at me. Then he put his hand on my shoulder and started making a barking sounds and saying Gaegoi over and over. I smiled and said "YEA WOOF WOOF!" and gave him a thumbs up. He turned back to Han sad a few words and patted me on the back and walked back to the kitchen. He told Han that I was a good American for wanting to learn and try our culture. When we got back to Camp Casey Han told the other KATUSAs that I ate dog, I earned all of there respect with that simple act. After that if I told a KATUSA to do something they did it without question and none of the "I no understand" game that NCOs had to deal with every time you told almost every one of them lazy SOBs to do something.

It was good, the texture was a little off compared to eating thin strips of stir fried beef, it was also expensive; 10,000 won ($15 back then) for both of us compared to 2,000 won each the other guys paid for their Bulgogi.

Meat is meat, it all depends on your geographic location and culture.

Would I seek out a place to to eat or butcher dog here, no not unless SHTF and there were no other options for a good source of protein.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington

This! People like to think meat started off wrapped in plastic in the freezer section.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well....Let me just say this: Small feral hogs still wearing their stripes are as "cute" as any animal out there- domestic or otherwise.

They also make for one mean-ass gravy. Don't pass them up.
    very-hungry.gif

Top Bottom