Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    GEC makes some really nice knives.

I'm carrying their #65 Ben Hogan slipjoint in antique bone today.

Isn't Northfield Knives Ship Free's house brand? I have a couple I really like. The Hawthorne is really nice.

Northwoods was bought by Derrick at Knives Ship Free.

Northfield is an old name that GEC bought and uses for their fancy carbon steel knives.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Had a Tidioute Moose in Madagascar Ebony waiting for me when I got home. It's a pretty beefy slippie. Strong springs. I've been wanting a good Moose patterned knife ever since reading "Woodcraft and Camping"

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420168440.367968.jpg

Boker/Howser collaboration

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Nice knife Motor51!

I got this one in the other day. A little stubby fellow, the GEC Northfield #26 Watch Pocket Sunfish in Cocobolo measures 3" closed:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You are getting some nice stuff, Gus.

Thanks Tom. Really, I buy and sell knives like I change underwear. I really only try to keep the ones I really like and will use. That Case 6375 has been with me a bit, I've been wanting a big ebony moose for a bit..... I the watchpocket is just cute. Right now I'm thinking I'll hold on to them. I also have a redbone peanut that I love....... I also got a Case Canoe that is getting recovered in something nicer than the peanut butter bone it came with.

I'm a slipjoint junkie. :o

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Been carrying my PM2 more often than my ZT0561. I'm thinking of picking up another ZT0560 and swapping scales.

This one is currently on order and should be in my possession sometime in the next few weeks.

Pics from the maker:
    sheath2.jpg

urger1.jpg

urger2.jpg

urger4.jpg

urger3.jpg
    What is this? One of the few fixed blades I could see myself buying.

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    A Remington R15 large stockman made in the 90s by Camillus. Got it off Ebay for $10, mint condition. Camillus (2004 and before) made some very nice folding knives. They have steel pivot pins that show through the bolsters, like German Eye knives. Probably makes them stronger, keeps the blades tight forever if not abused. Also like old Schrade 8OT large stockmans with 1095 carbon blades, get scary sharp. My mint Schrade Uncle Henry 885UH stockman, $20, should be here in a few days. I tried modern tactical knives, always go back to traditionals like my Dad carried.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    A Remington R15 large stockman made in the 90s by Camillus. Got it off Ebay for $10, mint condition. Camillus (2004 and before) made some very nice folding knives. They have steel pivot pins that show through the bolsters, like German Eye knives. Probably makes them stronger, keeps the blades tight forever if not abused. Also like old Schrade 8OT large stockmans with 1095 carbon blades, get scary sharp. My mint Schrade Uncle Henry 885UH stockman, $20, should be here in a few days. I tried modern tactical knives, always go back to traditionals like my Dad carried.

Yup. I got rid of all of my assisted and single hand openers with exception of two. One has a traditional look (still never gets carried) and the other was from my Dad.

5Legion

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    Alexandria
    The SAK Cadet has a nail file/cleaner, small blade that I use for opening letters and boxes, a can opener and screwdriver for random tasks.
    I mainly carry the ZT for EDC tasks. Cutting up boxes, zip ties, whatever.
    The little fixed blade will do a thousand more tasks than my ZT will. Fixed blades will always be stronger than a folder. I can beat on the little fixed blade. Sometimes I carry the fixed blade as a necker, if I'm wearing gym shorts.

I don't do any prying with my knives, that's a no-no for any knife, but they get used. I think everyone should carry two knives, at least; One small folder, one medium fixed. I just happen to have my sizes backwards lol.

Hey nice Seiko, one of those solars? I wear an older Seiko quartz regularly. 5L

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hey nice Seiko, one of those solars? I wear an older Seiko quartz regularly. 5L

It's a Seiko SNE107 Solar Diver. Works fairly well for the price, which can be found around $120ish. I've seen some websites trying to sell them at the $300+ MSRP, so you have to look out for that.

Top Bottom